My Heritage Speedhut Gauges

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Thanks for all the great comments. As I said, I'm completely thrilled with how these turned out, I couldn't be happier.

They look great. Nice touch to have Km/h as the main scale on the speedo.

Good eye. I was wondering who'd be first to notice the 360 top speed marker. :biggrin

Very nice!!

The folks from Speedhut are fantastic - offer a great value proposition. Not only did they address a need, but they are providing a bespoke solution !! :thumbsup

Bespoke indeed. All the bits we get from our great forum sponsors (P321, Exoticare etc) are carefully thought out, crafted and add personal value to the cars. This is another piece of the equation to that balance sheet for me. All positive for sure.

Stunning indeed, is Speedhut selling the Carbon Fiber backing plate ?

Sadly, no. But that's just a $10 strip of the new 3M (NOT the di-noc). It's 3M Scotchprint wrap film, 1080-CF12 Black Carbon. It looks GREAT installed and the pictures, nice as they are, simply do NOT do it justice. On the dash it matches up great with the back of the seats and with my P321 Door Sills. It didn't take long to put it on and it was REALLY easy to work with. My first experience with it, and I'm a fan. So easy your kid could do it. I swear, I stuck the Scotchprint onto the panel, and then worked carefully to make sure I cut and wrapped the edges cleanly, it didn't take even 30 minutes.

+2 and......

Tell me about the series of lights on the right hand side of the speedo. Your dash looks killer.

Chip

Thanks Chip, I'm assuming you mean the lights to the right of the tach? If so, those are the shift indicators. They're wickedly cool. You can adjust them as to when they'll light (starting rpm for the first light, for example at 5000 rpm) and then the span at which they'll light up (I think 0 rpm to 500 rpm per light).

:thumbsup:thumbsup

WOW!!! Absolutely STUNNING!!!

Very Impressive Pro. You are going to need a boost gauge with higher numbers for when you go TT though. :wink

Haha, thanks Tom. And you're right, I will need a higher boost gauge when I go TT, but SpeedHut is so easy to work with that I'm not even worried about that. When it's needed, it'll be done. :thumbsup

Looks Fantastic!

Have you played with the shift indicating lights yet?

I originally had them as set by Speedhut. But I've played with them a bit, now setting them with the first light starting at 3,500 with another light every 500 rpm so that the last red light flashes at 5,500. I'll raise those lights in a while when the novelty has worn off, and certainly when I track the car, but for now (and yes, I know that this comment will be geeky), it's kinda cool to see them lighting up, so at these levels I (and my passenger) can still see them at street speeds without doing anything illegal. :wink

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I know that this comment will be geeky), it's kinda cool to see them lighting up, so at these levels I (and my passenger) can still see them at street speeds without doing anything illegal. :wink

If that is geeky, count me in. :wink I think it is GD cool!

Man, Speedhut is really stepping up to the plate! :bow

GTHunter

GT Owner
Feb 14, 2012
Houston, TX
very nice!!

JAYGT

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2010
MIAMI
Talk about a company being flexible! Its awesome to see so many owners stepping up and purchasing these gauges. That will just motivate Speedhut even more towards future development. BRAVO!!!!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Talk about a company being flexible! Its awesome to see so many owners stepping up and purchasing these gauges. That will just motivate Speedhut even more towards future development. BRAVO!!!!

In the auto industry they call it customer focused. :thumbsup

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
In the auto industry they call it customer focused. :thumbsup

That's true for any commercial business. Wish Governments worked that way.

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
love the night look

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Simply stunning.

Darthvader

Aug 4, 2007
LufkinTexas
Absolutely beautiful! Love the shift knob as well!

tmctguer

GT Owner
Jan 11, 2010
dana point, CA
JUST IN TIME FOR FATHER'S DAY !!!!

need to drop a hint to my SO!!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Those gauges, and panel, are really beautiful. :thumbsup

I'd order a set, but, knock on wood, mine are still functioning well - although I was a bit worried on the Arizona GT Getaway a month ago. I was having issues with the OEM gauges receiving their input signals, but it varied amongst the gauges. Sometimes no fuel level, sometimes none at all, mostly no boost indication. I always would restart the car until they were all working, sometimes 6-8 times. Traced it to a low battery condition, so I would get the car up to a low speed, turn off the engine, then turn it on and pop the clutch in 3rd gear (thus no voltage drop by the starter) to start, and they would all come on. Replaced the battery when I got home, and no further issues. As the Optima battery had given good service, and in my rural area, no Sears is available, I went to Ford for the replacement.

These gauges sure are good looking though, and if I get to the point where I start losing mine, I'll surely make the switch. I'm an OEM type of guy, but I sure wish Ford had gone to the Speedhut gauges in the 1st place.

Madferraristi

Mar 19, 2008
Norcal
Effin' gorgeous and relatively inexpensive too.

Mike