My first GT

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I know this is not terribly exciting - but I'm keen to report it! I was having lunch in the center of London today and saw my first GT drive past! Amazing. I've never seen one on the road before. Swiss plate (I'd better not give the whole number) from Zurich 6899, blue no stripe.

The whole restaurant and the pavement (sidewalk) stopped and stared. :biggrin

I was really thrilled to see one on the road - it look gorgeous in the middle of London!

GTx

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2006
Mansfield, Texas
The biggest thrill I have gotten is from the kids. I have an eleven year old and picked her up from school today. You would be amazed how many 5th and 6th graders know about the GT and swarmed me when I arrived. There is nothing like that unbridled excitment and enthusiasim.

rsilverman

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2006
new jersey
Kids

Yeah, I have to agree, it's the kids that go nuts when they see the car. That being said, I've had alot of 'adults' just stop their cars and gawk, or give me a thumbs up sign. Let's face it, it's an amazing looking car, nothing quite like it!!

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
rsilverman said:
Yeah, I have to agree, it's the kids that go nuts when they see the car. That being said, I've had alot of 'adults' just stop their cars and gawk, or give me a thumbs up sign. Let's face it, it's an amazing looking car, nothing quite like it!!

Best one still regards my 8 year old Grandson. His parents were in a Ford dealership looking for a car and the salesman handed his Mother a business card with a GT printed on it. Ethan said it was a GT and the salesguy was surprised.

He then asked Ethan how did he know what type of car it was and Ethan told him he rides in mine all the time. I still don't think the salesjerk beleives him.

No they didn't buy a car from him or the dealership.

Dave

Bman33

GT Owner
Feb 22, 2006
Miami
Ya its pretty impressive to see one sail by.
I was cruising thru the Grove the other day and a gray w/stripes popped out behind a car in my rear view. It just looked so mean. I slowed down a little and he drove up next to me and gave me a thumbs up. I let him pass me and from the rear view the car looked so wide from the back, quite intimidating!!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Yes it was quite a thrill to see one in London - they're so rare! I wonder if the owner frequents the Forum?

I went on an 'interview' today for a school for my daughter who leaves her current school in a couple of years. Wished I'd taken the GT - the kids would have loved it. Next time.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
My favorite Gt moment is when the macho twentysomething is trying to impress his hot girlfriend by telling her my car has gullwing doors. Some SVT friends were with me at our hangout on Saturday and we counted 5 guys tell their women that the doors open straight up in a thirty minute timespan.

They also usually tell their girls that it is a Ferrari.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Yes but after all this bragging they're the ones making love to 20 year old girls. :lol

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
I don't think they call it making love!! :banana But your point is well taken!! :biggrin