My First GT Rally

GTMikey

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2008
Lake Tahoe
Well, after owning my car for 5 years and having 3 boys under 11 years old who all play football I was able to get away for the rally. The rally is as much if not more about the people and friendships than it is the cars. I met a ton of great people I am sure I will be in touch for years to come. Spring Mtn is an awesome facility for open track, I wish we had 1 more day on the track!!!!

On my way home I was stopped by the Nevada highway patrol in Hawthorne, NV. Hawthorne is left over from the cold war with ammo storage as far as the eye can see. I was not stopped for speeding but because they didn't know what my heritage was. After 20 mins, 4 cop cars, and a dozen pictures they sent me on my way. I did make it home 413 miles in 5 hours and 15 minutes with a stop for gas and food but that's a story for the next rally:) It was great meeting everyone. I'll be in touch about 2 open track days at Spring Mountain in March/April open to Shelby's, Mustangs, and GT's. What an awesome week.

GTMIKEY

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Yep. This was my first too. The constables haven't bothered me yet

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Glad both of you made it! Detroit next year - ya!

Ed

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Was a pleasure meeting you Mike! All 9 foot of you.... LOL
You have to be one of the tallest people I have had the pleasure of selling a Ford GT to.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
. I was not stopped for speeding but because they didn't know what my heritage was.

For a second there I thought.....................'never mind! :facepalm:

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Nice meeting you Mike. See you at Rally 10!

Vince H

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
For a second there I thought.....................'never mind! :facepalm:

Oh yeah, who says there isn't profiling going on ??? :)

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
It was great to have some newbies..:thumbsup

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Great time meeting new faces.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Great to meet you Mikey and thanks for the guided tour into the VIP parking at the Delano. Glad you enjoyed your first, of hopefully, many rallys. Heading off to a soccer game myself right now for one of my young children.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
What a beautiful Heritage tribute!

GT-0546copy_zps5be885af.jpg

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Well, after owning my car for 5 years and having 3 boys under 11 years old who all play football I was able to get away for the rally. The rally is as much if not more about the people and friendships than it is the cars. I met a ton of great people I am sure I will be in touch for years to come. Spring Mtn is an awesome facility for open track, I wish we had 1 more day on the track!!!!

On my way home I was stopped by the Nevada highway patrol in Hawthorne, NV. Hawthorne is left over from the cold war with ammo storage as far as the eye can see. I was not stopped for speeding but because they didn't know what my heritage was. After 20 mins, 4 cop cars, and a dozen pictures they sent me on my way. I did make it home 413 miles in 5 hours and 15 minutes with a stop for gas and food but that's a story for the next rally:) It was great meeting everyone. I'll be in touch about 2 open track days at Spring Mountain in March/April open to Shelby's, Mustangs, and GT's. What an awesome week.

GTMIKEY

Hawthorne is under the command of the Naval Undersea Warfare Center - Keyport Wahington. Not a cold war relic - NUWC Hawthorne Nevada and NSWC Crane Indiana were established as ammunition depots after a disasterious fire (and multiple explosions) that destroyed the ammunition depot at Earl New Jersey in the early 1900s. The military desided after that incident to move ammunition storage farm away from population centers.