Mounting Front Plate on GT500

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
I have been surfing and cannot find a removable front license plate mount for my GT500. To raise funds here in the Ozarks, the LEOs are ticketing folks for no front plate. I dont want to drill holes in the front bumper and would really like a removable option like I have for my FGT.

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Try this......

I have been surfing and cannot find a removable front license plate mount for my GT500. To raise funds here in the Ozarks, the LEOs are ticketing folks for no front plate. I dont want to drill holes in the front bumper and would really like a removable option like I have for my FGT.

Here is the link........http://www.trailerrebuilders.com/services

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

Does the GT500 come FROM THE FACTORY with a license plate bracket included somewhere in the car (on the seat, in the trunk, wherever)? If NOT - check MO's state laws. It may be that IF THE FACTORY DOESN'T SUPPLY A FRONT 'PLATE BRACKET (especially if the car has no factory HOLES for mounting one), the car qualifies for, and you should be able to GET, a front 'plate exemption.

Such is the case here in Washington. :cheers

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Does the GT500 come FROM THE FACTORY with a license plate bracket included somewhere in the car (on the seat, in the trunk, wherever)? If NOT - check MO's state laws. It may be that IF THE FACTORY DOESN'T SUPPLY A FRONT 'PLATE BRACKET (especially if the car has no factory HOLES for mounting one), the car qualifies for, and you should be able to GET, a front 'plate exemption.

Such is the case here in Washington. :cheers

Somehow I think that this WA law irrelevant in your case EP, since cars only need plates if they are on the public roads.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
The GT500 does come with a front license bracket...........tough issue to get around in a Mustang.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The GT500 does come with a front license bracket...........tough issue to get around in a Mustang.

Ya, I figgered as much since the FGT came with one - even though the FGT has NO HOLES to mount it!

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Somehow I think that this WA law irrelevant in your case EP, since cars only need plates if they are on the public roads.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, shuddup!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I pay the ticket. It is a non moving violation, thus no dings on the insurance issue. I see is as a tax to pay in order to not ruin the car.

:usa

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Many thanks gentlemen. The car is my daily driver, so I do need one. It's not a case of 1 ticket, but the potential for many given the current climate around here.

My GT500 did not come with a bracket...so I will check with Jeff City on the potential for a waiver, so I dont have to have one around here, but my guess is MO, not being as liberal as WA, does not have that exception.

BLU....thanks for the link. I am going to get the unit from the source listed.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
In California when you buy a car with the front license not installed, you have to sign a waiver saying that you were told you are supposed to put it on. This primarily covers the dealership, from someone saying "I didn't know". In the 4 years I have had the GT and the 3 years that I have had the GT500 I have had no issues without plate. Hopefully that will not change!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
but my guess is MO, not being as liberal as WA, does not have that exception.

I am sure you are right on that but they are looking under every rock to support their monolithic welfare programs and lavish employee pay and benies. :thumbsdow

Seattle; Sanctuary Si!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
In California when you buy a car with the front license not installed, you have to sign a waiver saying that you were told you are supposed to put it on. This primarily covers the dealership, from someone saying "I didn't know". In the 4 years I have had the GT and the 3 years that I have had the GT500 I have had no issues without plate. Hopefully that will not change!

I think yeeeeeew jus' mighta put a major league jinx on yerseff...! :willy:willy:willy :frown

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Even though WA requires a front plate, EP didn't installed one and never had a problems, . Any guess to why? :lol

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Even though WA requires a front plate, EP didn't installed one and never had a problems, . Any guess to why? :lol

:sleep: :dead::dead::dead: :slap

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
My dad got a front plate ticket for not having one on his F360... :bored

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
My dad got a front plate ticket for not having one on his F360... :bored

Probably because San Diego has some traffic lights with incorporated Photo Sensors - towns that have these are more sensitive to having both plates on a vehicle.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Probably because San Diego has some traffic lights with incorporated Photo Sensors - towns that have these are more sensitive to having both plates on a vehicle.

I am sure this is the reason most states want both plates; Photo revenues. :thumbsdow