more than you can afford, pal... ford!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
hi Guys, this is a true story that happened to me this summer, a few of my buddies park our cars along the ocean in Seaside Heights NJ about 1/2 a mile from where they shoot that Jersey Shore show, anyway I am parked with my Ford GT , and a few Corvettes.
A couple on bikes in there 30's stop at the back of my car, and the guy says this is a Ford GT this car cost about 200,000 dollars, she says pretty loud for all to hear, How obnoxious, who would spend that kind of money on a car, you think they would donate money to help clean up the environment.
Well the husband or boy friend looks over at us and realizes we heard everything she had said and he says "who own this car" and I say I do, He says nice car.

She says to me can I ask you what you do for a living sir?
and without blinking I tell her I own a recycling Company . If you could have seen her face , that was worth 200,000 bucks.

Absolutely great response! :thumbsup
I think I would have said I was a gift from Al Gore for my marketing work on global warming. :lol

REDEEMED

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 10, 2008
It is amazing how many people will ask what I paid for my FGT--- with the implicit assumption that my business is their business!

My usual response is "Well, I got it used........" This allows me to have politely made a response to their query without giving any information.

At the risk of being disrespectful to the God-given blessing of marriage, one might also offer "I got this car for my wife,... but not everyone's as good a horse-trader as I am"

Last edited: