Modding the FGT2

Darthvader

Aug 4, 2007
LufkinTexas
Get it in the hands of Mullet. Then wait and copy.

+1 :)

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Mod 1: Drop jaw and raise heart rate at opening. (Basically freak the F out.)
Mod 2: Speculate ad nauseum about absolutely everything associated with it while knowing nothing but advertising buzz.
Mod 3: Come to the realization that you are plankton in an ocean full of great whites that have the means to afford this wonderment.
Mod 4: Hope against hope that you can seize the unlikeliest of opportunities and somehow acquire one of the late production builds as long as it does not cost a kagillion dollars

This summarizes my emotional and psychological mods for the '17 GT!

Vince H

" Mod 3: Come to the realization that you are plankton in an ocean full of great whites that have the means to afford this wonderment. "

Come on Vince you must have missed an episode or two of " Shark week " Great Whites don't eat Plankton. You need to watch out for those filter feeder Whale Sharks.. That would be your real concern !! :biggrin

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
" Mod 3: Come to the realization that you are plankton in an ocean full of great whites that have the means to afford this wonderment. "

Come on Vince you must have missed an episode or two of " Shark week " Great Whites don't eat Plankton. You need to watch out for those filter feeder Whale Sharks.. That would be your real concern !! :biggrin
I'm not concerned about being eaten. (Although I probably should be.) I'm denoting that I'm the smallest of fish in the biggest of oceans . . . or something like that! :biggrin

Vince H

You knew what I meant Brian!

Last edited:

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Perhaps UGR will get a hold one one and create a nice twin turbo setup.

don't count on it.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Get it in the hands of Mullet. Then wait and copy.

lol :club

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
fuel pumps, fuel injectors, custom tune, downpipes with or without cats, cat back exhaust, larger turbos or change the turbine blades, wheels and tires would be a good start for 900+HP on an E85 flex fuel tune, ok make that 1000 HP even.
The engine ain't gonna be easy to modify. I was looking at a cutaway of the Ecoboost V-6 at the Washignton Auto Show today. The Ecoboost V-6 has the exhaust and intake manifolds integrated into the head--there's no external gas plumbing--and the turbo housing bolts to the head. This keeps the exhaust path to the turbo and the intake path from the turbo very short, which minimizes the volume of compressed induction air, and maximizes boost response. A very integrated and carefully optimized package. You can turn up the boost a bit by fiddling with the waste gate (electronically controlled), but without doing major surgery and redesign of the head, you're constrained from changing anything else; unless the engine in the GT is significantly different from the standard Ecoboost engine.

George Manont

Oct 29, 2007

May I suggest...

Mod 1... Rehire Camilo
Mod 2... Give him free hand