Mini Viper...

nomis

Jun 14, 2006
Home Counties, England
Well, it is a MINI Viper! :biggrin

Sorry, couldn't resist!

I've picked this up as a run-around until my new daily driver, Range Rover, arrives in October.

I can't get over how much fun the supercharged Cooper S is on tight, twisty, roads! :thumbsup

Wanted to share ...

DSC08746.JPG

DSC08743.JPG

DSC08747.JPG

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Looks very coooool :thumbsup

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Nomis - thought you were going big on the GT.... now we see this :ack ?

The computer screen you sit in fron of this forum must be frying your logic circuits in your brain!

Actually they are fun cars. My old neighbor had a stable of the originals and always had a gas flying around with them. Can't imagine what 20+ yrs up technology upgrade would do to these cars.

nomis

Jun 14, 2006
Home Counties, England
MAD IN NC said:
Nomis - thought you were going big on the GT.... now we see this :ack ?

I run a daily driver - which was the E60 M5 - however, I intended to change it soon-ish for something a little less thirsty (I do a fair few miles and European trips with work) and that replacement was is/will be the new TDV8 Range Rover.

However, Land Rover aren't releasing the TDV8 (a 2007 MY) until October and I was offered a very good price to sell the M5 now (while there is still a waiting list in the UK). So it gave me the perfect chance to enjoy a Cooper S for a few months! I've always wanted one but as it doesn't fall into the daily-driver genre, nor the special weekend genre, this gave me the perfect chance to own/drive one for 3-months and then get back into a proper mile-muncher.

The GT is still very much a 'coming soon' but I would never want to use it daily, in all weathers, and for all types of driving :thumbsup

As for the Mini, I took my wife out for dinner this evening and we took the Cooper S, rather than her SUV. We went off into the country and tooks some lovely back-roads. It's a big change from a proper sedan car but is a real hoot, fair power for it's size and handles like a go-kart. I'll be ready to get out of it in October, I'm sure, but for now I'm really enjoying it.

:banana

So not quite a Viper... but it's got some spirit nevertheless

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Last week the JD Powers survey came out on the Mini and between them and the BMW's they were on the bottom of the customer satisfaction list. On the top was Porsche, Hyundia and Lexus.

Hope the ones they sell in the UK are better than the ones we Yanks get.

nomis

Jun 14, 2006
Home Counties, England
bony said:
Last week the JD Powers survey came out on the Mini and between them and the BMW's they were on the bottom of the customer satisfaction list. On the top was Porsche, Hyundia and Lexus.

Hope the ones they sell in the UK are better than the ones we Yanks get.

Bony, I understand that they pick all the lemons and ship them to the ex-colonies :biggrin :wink

Having owned a few Porsches, I'm surprised they are on top of JD Power as mine have always been less than perfect. Lexus always comes out on top in the UK and that I can understand... great cars, good customer service: now they just have to learn to make something sexy looking (and perhaps the LF-A concept will be just that).

As for BMW and BMW Mini - I've had mixed luck but again, like Mercedes, they seem to be decreasing build-quality to improve profit margin.

As I said, for 3-months, I think it will be a lot of fun and the dealership has agreed - in writing - a buy-back on the 1st of October that was far better than the cost of a short term lease.