Mid-America in Tulsa... anybody going?

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Made my hotel reservations today, just wondering if anyone else is going this year.

Not sure which car I'm taking yet... the GT is ready, willing and able, but my '69 GT350 is getting close. I've just gotta' finish putting the engine back together... and I'd really like to stretch its legs abit with a good road trip...

Hmmm decisions, decisions... ain't it great?:thumbsup

Anyway... it's coming up June 14-17.

mardyn

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
If you haven't attended this event before it is a great time in Tulsa. Many Shelbys and a great fellowship with Shelby owners. I have taken my AC Mark IV twice and had a great time. Rick Titus, Craig Austin with Steeda and many others even Dick Smith (198 Cobra) attend every year. Rick Titus will not be there as he and I will be in Detroit for a Ford Dealer meeting and we'll miss the Mid America Shelby event. I received my Ford GT last year one week after the event so next year i will take it there for sure. All GT's are welcome. TGH

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
I went with my GT last year... had lotso' fun, took my '69 GT350 up there way back in 1995.... won third place in the car show on Sunday:biggrin and still have the award hanging on my wall.

Looking forward to going again this year.

mardyn

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Mardyn,

David and I are going on Thursday...don't know if we are driving the GT's or taking the truck..depends on the weather...if you can be in Dallas early Thursday and the weather is good you can cruise with us straight to Hallett.

matt

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Matt,

I won't be coming through Big D this time, got a new route to try out. My tentative plans are to leave Thursday afternoon, spend the night somewhere outside tulsa, and drive on to Hallet on Friday morning.

I'm staying at the Double Tree in Warren Place as I did last year. Nice hotel, with secure parking, good room rates, and close to the action.

I guess everything kinda' depends on the weather too... I'll be watching the forecast closely and that will dictate my schedule.

mardyn

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I plan to attend as many events as I can. See you guys there!

cammerboss

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2006
parker colo
am leaving wed am from denver, not sure which car to bring, 2 boss 429's, 65 afx cammer drag car, 67 390 gta or one of 9 other mustangs or 05 gt, hum!!!

gamera11

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2006
Kansas City MO
I'll be there. I hope weather stays dry.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Cammer DRag Car :) I want to see that one...hehehehe

Were going to take the truck so no GT's this time..weather looks like crap and don't want to risk it.

Matt

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
My Tulsa plans may get the Ki-bosh put on 'em as well.

My Mom is undergoing Chemo & Radiation and has had a particularly rough time for the past few days. Unless she has a miraculous recovery between now and Friday, I suspect I'll be cancelling my trip.

You guys have fun up there...

mardyn

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
My Tulsa plans may get the Ki-bosh put on 'em as well.

My Mom is undergoing Chemo & Radiation and has had a particularly rough time for the past few days. Unless she has a miraculous recovery between now and Friday, I suspect I'll be cancelling my trip.

You guys have fun up there...

mardyn

Sorry to hear about your mom - I've been through that with my mom and it can be a tough go. If you don't make it we will be thinking of you and wishing your mom a speedy recovery!