Master Cylinder for an 05 Ford GT!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I have Dr. Friend who needs A Master Cylinder for his 05 Ford GT! Anyone have any suggestions as they’re not available through Ford! Any help would be greatly appreciated! This car was one of the first black cars in Houston, Texas that I found for him as a demonstrator at a Ford Dealership! Thanks!

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Just rebuild it.

Reactions: Johntpr and GT@50

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Ditto what Kendall said. The rubber parts can't be unique to the GT.

How does he know he needs a new MC?

Last edited:

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Look up "Tokico Mast Cylinder" on Google. Many look-alikes available.

Reactions: THamonGT

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
The seal kit that we have found for the brake master cylinder is made by Autofren under part number D1620.
It's a kit for a Mitsubishi truck.
The original part was made by Tokico who no longer exist (they were bought out by Hitachi in 2015).

Jim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 17, 2006
Michigan
I believe the 2004 F-150 is a real close match. I believe it's just the location of the switch that is different.
attached is a photo. Same supplier (Tokico) and "71" on the side. I've never tried it but always thought it's worth a shot if mine goes bad.

Attachments

• IMG_E0780[1].JPG
    IMG_E0780[1].JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: 2112 and THamonGT

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Tom, if your friend is still in a bind, have him contact me. We can rebuild his master cylinder or swap him for one that has already been rebuilt. I'd be curious to chat with him about the symptoms to make sure we're going down the right path.

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
I have Dr. Friend who needs A Master Cylinder for his 05 Ford GT! Anyone have any suggestions as they’re not available through Ford! Any help would be greatly appreciated! This car was one of the first black cars in Houston, Texas that I found for him as a demonstrator at a Ford Dealership! Thanks!
You might try AdvancedAuto for a remanufactured one. You would need the reservoir from the old one.

Attachments

• IMG_1715.jpeg
    IMG_1715.jpeg
    684 KB · Views: 13

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
One other thing to try. I have repaired several master cylinders on other cars using no new parts. The usual reason for master cylinder failure is leaking between the two chambers internally. This leads to the felling of the pedal slowly sinking to the floor under pressure. This frequently results from internal corrosion leaving an unsmooth cylinder, and fluid leaks past the rubber cup from one chamber to the other under pressure. Usually, you can disassemble, clean, use some sandpaper on your finger or a small diameter honing tool to remove any corrosion on the inside, and then reassemble.

Reactions: DakotaGT