Manufacture buy back

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
My wife is looking for a Lincoln MKX. She found a great deal on a very low mile 2016 that is a manufacture buy back.

She plans to keep the car forever.

I know the title is branded accordingly. Also – the defect is supposed to be fixed.

Question: Is this stupid? I’m tempted by the low price, warranty, etc. Seems like a good deal.

But I’ve bought a lot of cars over the years, and never came across this situation.

Thoughts? Thanks!

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
You can get the Oasis service report from the dealer and it will show warranty history. This will give you more information as to what the problem was. I didn’t know titles show that a vehicle had been bought back. What state?

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
You can get the Oasis service report from the dealer and it will show warranty history. This will give you more information as to what the problem was. I didn’t know titles show that a vehicle had been bought back. What state?

This is in Minnesota - my understanding is all states are like this for branding title.

The Oasis report seems pretty benign. The roof stopped working (they found a pinched wire in vanity mirror and fixed). Exhaust smell in car at 60MPH Hotline contacted, service bulletin applied.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
If she plans to keep the car forever, it shouldn't really matter.

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
As long as its not an electrical problem. Seems like when cars are bought back for electrical gremlins they never get resolved completely. And although there may be a warranty attached, you don't want the car having to constantly go back to the shop.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Ask to see the repair orders best. If not then the Oasis report. Repair orders will often have comments from the owner that aren't in the Oasis report.

Last edited:

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
I get the attractiveness to the low price, but is the potential headache worth it?