Magnus Walker's "The Big Thing" Ford GT..Season Finale

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
That's a fantastic video Chip, thanks for sharing! So glad you and Randy were able to share your GTs with Magnus and experience the legacy of Willow Springs. Job well done!

Reactions: SYCO GT

ScottK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Awesome video. Thanks!

Pro_GT_driver

GT Owner
Jun 23, 2010
Really great Video! It makes me feel like I need to look for a GT40 to be complete

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
Gentlemen,

A couple months ago I got a call from Magnus Walker (who I had never met before) and he told me the season finale of his series "The Big Thing" was going to feature all 3 generations of the Ford GT. The Peterson Museum gave him their 1966 MkIII GT40 for the day and he needed an 05-06 and a 17-21 GT that he and Billy Johnson could drive & film at Willow Springs. I agreed to trailer my new GT over and Randy Wong said he'd bring his black 2006 GT. It was a fantastic experience with a lot of laughs and I got to drive Willow Springs for the first time. More exciting than driving there was watching Billy Johnson go by at 160 mph with two big cameras suction cupped to the roof of my yellow GT and 4 wheel drift through turn one. Holy shit!!

Magnus is a super nice guy and after shooting this he came out to AZ and attended my Barrett Jackson Scottsdale GT Owners dinner a couple weeks later. The video went live today and it's attached below. Cheers!!!

Chip

View attachment 65929
Well done Chip and Randy. A story well told. Love that Magnus and his enthusiasm

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
Very well done gentlemen. Love that Magnus and his enthusiasm