Looking to buy tires and gauges

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Why bother with the Goodyears? Go with Bridgestones.

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Did that. :) After following the Bridgestone threads on this site, I decided to go with the 345/35R19 Bridgestone RE050A and 265/40ZR18 Bridgestone RE050A N1. Heading to GA in a couple of weeks to try them out. Thanks Kevin!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Did that. :) After following the Bridgestone threads on this site, I decided to go with the 345/35R19 Bridgestone RE050A and 265/40ZR18 Bridgestone RE050A N1. Heading to GA in a couple of weeks to try them out. Thanks Kevin!

Where did you find them in stock? It is reported that several of the majors (like Tire Rack) are out of stock.

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Where did you find them in stock? It is reported that several of the majors (like Tire Rack) are out of stock.

When I asked what the expected delivery date was, the guy I talked with at Tire Rack said they should ship by next Monday. I gave him my credit card info and address, and he sent me an email. After reading your post, I got worried and called him back. He said he'd call by tomorrow if there was a long delay (which means he may, in fact, not be able to obtain them). I'll let you know...

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
MJ, I have plenty of spare goodyears that are out of date for "your type driving". Do you still need gauges? I have three sets. Actually they are in Patrick's stash but I will see if he will cut a few loose for Dad. He is teen now so harder to negotiate with. Hope you are well. KO

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Hey Kevin! I'm just going to wait to hear from Dave on when the new ones are coming out. I don't want to get one of the OEM gauges, even if it hasn't failed "yet", because (to my knowledge) there's no way of knowing if it is one of the bad gauges that just hasn't failed yet. If the new ones end up taking another 6 months or so, I'll probably end up getting Speed Hut gauges. I don't want to get all new gauges though - just the 2 I need - and I'm not sure how different Speed Huts look from the OEM. (It might look tacky using 2 brands.)

Did Patrick ever get into cars? Don't tempt me on those Goodyears... Speaking of driving, I need to relocate to an area that has warmer weather and a track nearby. :) Planning on heading to GA for a track day soon though. Eric needs to put a few miles on the new tires so they are ready for me to play with at Road Atlanta...