Looking for Superformance "Shelby" Daytona Coupe

Dan S.

Oct 7, 2020
Looking to buy a Superformance "Shelby" CSX 9000 Series - Blue w/White stripes... preferably no painted on roundells or car numbers. Would also like a EFI engine vs. carbs.

Doesn't seem to be anything for sale out there...

Wanted to post in "Marketplace" but I don't have permission/credentials.

Thanks!
Dan S.
Marblehead, Ohio

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Looking to buy a Superformance "Shelby" CSX 9000 Series - Blue w/White stripes... preferably no painted on roundells or car numbers. Would also like a EFI engine vs. carbs.

Doesn't seem to be anything for sale out there...

Wanted to post in "Marketplace" but I don't have permission/credentials.

Thanks!
Dan S.
Marblehead, Ohio
Hillbank has a couple on their web site. One painted, one bare naked lady.

There aren't that many out there and they don't come up often so you might have to soften your criteria.

I almost bought one before I got my GT but my wife who hated the Cobra just considered it a Cobra with a hard top. They are much more civilized than the Cobra though.

Dan S.

Oct 7, 2020
Tony,

I saw the Hillbank cars, but those are 2000 series aluminum cars… Downforce Motorsports has a 9000 series but with the roundels.

I was looking at another 289 roadster, but the wife didn’t want to deal with hair damage and sunscreen 😊

I look at the Daytona as more of a grand tourer.

Thanks for your feedback!

Dan

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The 2000 series coupes cars are just special premium versions of the 9000 Coupe. Otherwise they're the same cars but at a premium price. Yes, they are alloy. Coupes are fairly rare compared to the roadsters so finding one with your specs might take a while. You'd probably be best off ordering one.

Watch www.cobracountry.com too.

Good luck.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
You might also consider the Peter Brock "Brock Coupe". He makes his own version at HiTech (the same place that makes Superformance and Shelby fiberglass cars). www.bre2.com. I don't know if he actively markets them though but it'd be worth a call.

(I used to see Peter every week at the local "Cars and Coffee". He usually brought his own coupe which by the way was outfitted with a LS3 power train.)

Dan S.

Oct 7, 2020
As I understand it, the 2000 Series (Kirkham Motorsports sourced rollers ?) are much closer to original spec Coupes in terms of dimensions, leaf sprung suspension, etc. I'm more attracted to the updated Brock/Superformance MKII changes - unfortunately; ordering one is about 2 years out.

So... been reaching out here, Hemmings, Bring a Trailer, eBay (sigh...), Legendary Motorcar, Cobra Country and any other source I can find.

Dan S.

Oct 7, 2020
Called Downforce Motorsports about CSX 9146; it has apparently been sold.