Looking for parking brake cable

Ross

Nov 12, 2006
Part # is 4G77-2853-AA
Ford is out of stock, some shops claim they have the part but they don't.
I need to replace my parking brake cable.

Anyone know who the "go to" parts shop is for 2006 GT needs ? This isn't the first part I've been struggling to find, and it's surprising that Ford's not supporting the car very well.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Did you try Tasca Ford (www.tascaparts.com)? Call them. They will look it up and tell you the inventory status.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Part # is 4G77-2853-AA

Anyone know who the "go to" parts shop is for 2006 GT needs ? This isn't the first part I've been struggling to find, and it's surprising that Ford's not supporting the car very well.
I believe Ford was only ever going to fully support the car for 15 years after production end ... unfortunately.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Why do you need to replace it?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
A cable might be one of the easier things to have fabricated. Especially if you can have the original used as a template.

Reactions: dshears and PeteK

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Part # is 4G77-2853-AA

Ford has supported this car far longer than any other model they have produced.. 18 years and most all parts have been available.... Sent you a pm also.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Ford supported Gen I Mustangs for almost 40 years.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Ford supported Gen I Mustangs for almost 40 years.
You are saying Ford supplied parts for 65 mustangs until 2005? That's the kind of support i'm talking about and that def did not happen with 1st gen mustang and many other models. 10 years or so is about the max on any model for them by contract to keep parts available.. Then they sell off remaining stock of parts to various companies or discontinue once out of stock.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I bought Ford factory stamped sheet metal and interior trim for my '66 Mustang from a Ford parts department in 1999 and 2000

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I bought Ford factory stamped sheet metal and interior trim for my '66 Mustang from a Ford parts department in 1999 and 2000
That dealer must of been holding on to nos stuff by luck..It's not common tho.. You can't buy any fox body mustang parts, 94-98 or 99-04 stuff anymore from ford... Unless a dealer happens to have some new old stock laying around.

Reactions: reiner

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Yeah, I am not suggesting it was the norm but the parts were there. The date stamps on the fenders were late 80's. Also have rear leaf springs assemblies dated from the late 80s. Dash gauge cluster surround from the early 80's.

This was well after the restoration craze was in full swing so somebody must have decided to make a buttload of these parts.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Yeah, I am not suggesting it was the norm but the parts were there. The date stamps on the fenders were late 80's. Also have rear leaf springs assemblies dated from the late 80s. Dash gauge cluster surround from the early 80's.

This was well after the restoration craze was in full swing so somebody must have decided to make a buttload of these parts.
wild! Not common anymore.. Not saying it can't happen tho cause anything is possible.

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Try Torrie at Fast Parts network. He gets me parts that are not available elsewhere

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Ross, go back to the question I asked: Why do you need to replace it? Did it break? Did the ferrule on the end come off? Or is it just stif from corrosion? Other than a break between the ends, most of these conditions are fixable without buying a new one.