Looking for GT, Blue or White

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
First post on this board so, hello. I have been searching for a Blue with white stripes, or a white with blue stripes for about a month. Was hoping to spend in the high $140's to mid $150's. I got offered a yellow '05 for $145k but didn't want that color. Saw a white 2006 with 3,000 miles go for $150k at Lamborghini Dallas, that I wish I had seen sooner. It looks like the market is firming up at around list price. Is that what any of you are seeing? Also was told not to buy an 2004 built GT because of a recall (not suspension).
I don't want to wait too long for a great price and miss a real long term keeper. In 5 years, will the value of the 2005 and 2006 cars be the same, so better to buy the cheaper car? E-mail me any leads to digman52@aol.com. Thanks!

Kave

GT Owner
Nov 13, 2006
Do what i did. Look for the color you want a make a deal. Don't worry about a couple thousand dollars. The smile on your face when you drive down the street for the first time will be more than worth the extra cash.

Besides, as of now, its only going up.:thumbsup

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
First post on this board so, hello. I have been searching for a Blue with white stripes, or a white with blue stripes for about a month. Was hoping to spend in the high $140's to mid $150's. I got offered a yellow '05 for $145k but didn't want that color. Saw a white 2006 with 3,000 miles go for $150k at Lamborghini Dallas, that I wish I had seen sooner. It looks like the market is firming up at around list price. Is that what any of you are seeing? Also was told not to buy an 2004 built GT because of a recall (not suspension).
I don't want to wait too long for a great price and miss a real long term keeper. In 5 years, will the value of the 2005 and 2006 cars be the same, so better to buy the cheaper car? E-mail me any leads to digman52@aol.com. Thanks!

I sure am not smart enough to know where prices are headed in the short term or the long term. My advice is to find a nice car the color you want and buy it. Don't worry about year, they are essentially identical. Years down the road a ratty '06 will be worth less than a pristine '05 and visa versa. Good luck with your search. :thumbsup

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Stay proactive and be patient and you'll find what you want. Many owners have 2 or more GT's and at some point will sell one or more. I, for one, happen to have the 2 color combinations you are seeking.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
No 2004's.

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
Thanks guys, I already have been contacted about 2 blue cars. Will keep you up on my progress.

glord

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Los Gatos California
In my experience 2004s are not a problem. I have a very early car. As far as the A-arms are concerned, I like the high-polish look. Once the fuel filler issue was fixed (didn't even have to remove the fender) and the rear main was fixed, the car has been absolutely outstanding.

To me, it's not the car, much less the year. It's the dealer. If you have good one, that's all that really matters.

RAMSEYJOE

Jan 14, 2007
I am looking for a Blue w/White stripes or White w/ Blue stripes & all four options. Please e mail me ar cmwnumber1@aol.com Please feel free to contact me at 201 852 6500 if you prefer to talk to me personally.Thanks,...Joe

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
I made a deal on a blue with white stipes in Houston. Should pick it up next wednesday, so will post pics then. THanks for the help fordgtforum!

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
if u dont mind me asking, can you pm me a price?

i am also in dallas and want to buy a white with blue stripes within the next month

I dont know whether to go off autotrader prices or what.

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
Picked up the GT in Houston, and had a great drive to Dallas. What a stable, straight tracking, road eating beast it is! When I got back on familiar roads, I got to experience the acceleration side, and that is jaw-dropping too. Hate to think how long I just stared at it in the garage yesterday. Hope to get some pics today.

It is a wheel and stripe option car only. Love not having the sub in my shoulder, and the regular radio sounded good with my cd's.

This car really takes me back to the mid 60's, reading every car magazine in site to hear more about the GT40, and racing my GT40 slot car on the big rental tracks.

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Way to go, Dig. Your choice of color is #1. Get the 3M protection for the front facing body parts. Drive fast......George

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dig,

Congratulations on your new machine.

Welcome to another GT owner in Texas.

Enjoy The Ride.

Fred

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Congratulations on finding what you wanted and with a great option combination. Do you mind sharing the price that was being asked and what you paid?

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
Tried to downsize some pics, but even the 640 x 480 size was too big. When I cut that in half, it it got too grainy. Any suggestions?

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Tried to downsize some pics, but even the 640 x 480 size was too big. When I cut that in half, it it got too grainy. Any suggestions?

Host them somewhere else and link to them. I use Photobucket.com

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas

Hey man, its Kumar.

Try opening the pics in mspaint. Then go to image, stretch/skew, and try 70% and save the new file.

It usually reduces a 2mb file down to 100kb or so.

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
BTW, I saw digman1's car today and it made me decide I want a GT.

Buying one on Monday.

Beautiful car.

RUF hauler

Feb 11, 2007
Dallas, TX
digman1's new Ford GT.....

Attachments

• Blue Ford GT 001.jpg
    Blue Ford GT 001.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 107
  • Blue Ford GT 011.jpg
    Blue Ford GT 011.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 108

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Digman1-

What is your VIN? Is this the car the Lonestar had? Just curious.