Looking for aftermarket wheels like these

ETW

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2006
4868077840_ea145fdeff_b.jpg

Anyone know of anything like these but 5 lug? I don't like HRE P40s, they just look unfinished in comparison to these IMO. ADV1 ADV7.1 may be my best bet. BBS makes something very similar but Ive never heard of a Ford GT fitment for them. And they are magnesium which is big money. Any suggestions?
Thanks

HRE P40
p40-1.jpg

ADV1 ADV7.1
ADV7.1.jpg

BBS Magnesium
bbsmonoblock_1.jpg

ETW

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2006
Another picture of the ADV1 in sizes similar to what the GT would use. They still look a little bit "flat" to me. The BBS centerlocks look much more "3D" somehow

DSC_0073.jpg

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I'll guess they are BBS Magesiums (but obviously with a hub). Did you check on the availability of the Magnesiums for the FGT? My guess is they can make it work.

I sure like the conservative fender flares of the FGT in the picture.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
18" BBS Magnesium Wheels

Anyone know of anything like these but 5 lug?..........BBS makes something very similar but Ive never heard of a Ford GT fitment for them. And they are magnesium which is big money. Any suggestions?

ETW,

The wheels in your photo are BBS magnesium center bolt wheels. Very light, very expensive, and require different hubs. They are 18" front and rear, no Ford GT race teams use 19" rear wheels as the race track tire suppliers don't provide 19" rubber. If you are willing to go with 18" rears I think BBS has 5 bolt wheels that will work. Matech uses the center bolt version and sells them.

Chip

Attachments

• BBS.jpg
    BBS.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 1,060
  • BBS 2.jpg
    BBS 2.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 1,328
Last edited:

ETW

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2006
Chip, thanks for the info. I'll look into that

That wheel and tire must be pretty light! Or you must be pretty strong :lol

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
From Wikipedia

Interesting, I did not know:

BBS Kraftfahrzeugtechnik AG began in 1970 in Schiltach Germany by Heinrich Baumgartner and Klaus Brand as a manufacturing plant for plastic auto body parts. The initials BBS are based on the last names of the two founders and the city in which the company was founded (Baumgartner, Brand, Schiltach).

In 2007 BBS went bankrupt and was taken over by the Belgian firm Punch International

In 1972 BBS pioneered the development of a three-piece racing wheel, a revolution in motorsport design. Most recently BBS has engineered the Air Inside Technology (AIT) where hollow chambers are created within the wheel structure to compensate for the small air volume in modern ultra-low-profile tyres, reduce unsprung weight, improve handling dynamics, and increase fuel efficiency without sacrificing strength and rigidity.

Japanese company "Washibeam Co., Ltd" manufactures the BBS F1 Magnesium wheel and All racing Aluminum wheels. Since BBS is a customer of Washibeam, manufacture of the wheel will not be discontinued if BBS goes bankrupt.

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
While we're at it..

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
These are the lightest 7 spoke web wheels and the lighest wheels that are availble for the GT. PM or email me if you are interested.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?18601-Light-Weight-Wheel-Offer

And now Track tested... :biggrin

Attachments

• VIR 2RC.jpg
    VIR 2RC.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 895
Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
These are the lightest 7 spoke web wheels and the lighest wheels that are availble for the GT. PM or email me if you are interested.

Stormcat,

I want to buy a set of your wheels if you get enough interest to make another run of them.

Chip