Looking for Advice?

Dakota 1960

May 15, 2022
Quad Cities Iowa
Is anyone on the forum in the Midwest? Actually the Quad Cites? I am new to Ownership and just looking for advice in caring and owning one for the long term. Thanks in advance. Steve

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Nothing special. It's a Ford. No rocket science. Very easy to work on yourself.

Goodyear tires are best replaced by Bridgestones. Search for Tires in the forum for many discussions.

My experience is Ford thinks highly of service items. I got oil from Rock Auto. Actual parts I ordered from Tasca since their discounted price plus shipping was always less than what the dealer charged.

Gauges are problematic and will fail randomly. Small gauges are replaced from Autometer (drop in with new innards). Large gauges can now be rebuilt. An alternate is an entire new panel from Speedhut.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Welcome to the Forum. This is far and away the best place to find information and service on the Ford GT. The people who participate here include a few of the engineers and technicians who worked on the development of the GT, as well as those who have modified them to run at (even more) extreme speeds and make replacement parts and accessories.

Before starting a new thread, use the search function, because in the past 17 years the topic almost certainly has been addressed previously. Often, Google search is better at finding that information in this forum than the native search function here.

What did you buy, what’s the provenance of it, and what will you do with it? Put your location in your profile and post pics too. “If you don’t have pictures, it didn’t happen.”

Last edited:
Reactions: dshears

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Had to Bing the quad cities. Davenport/Moline, right? I mean, that’s not in one of the Dakotas.

Agree with Pete. Pictures or it didn’t happen.

Dakota 1960

May 15, 2022
Quad Cities Iowa
Thank you for the welcome. I am in the Quad Cities. Will try and get some pics posted later today. I am also part the the SAAC Forum which is also very informational for the other cars I have. Steve

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I am in Belleville, IL. I am in Peoria on a regular basis (be there tomorrow) The Midwest GT people are myself, Indy GT (in Indy),Big Inch Blake (near Terra Haute), Sound Waves (south Chicago), Grey Ghost (near KC) and Lightning (mid Kansas). STORMcat came from the Quad cities. Autometer is in Sycamore, IL.

Are you in Iowa or Illinois? J will send you a PM with my cell number. The mods need to change your status to owner.

Dakota 1960

May 15, 2022
Quad Cities Iowa
I am on the Iowa / Illinois border a mile from the 1-80 bridge. Thanks

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The PMfunction is giving me trouble.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ok went through.

Dakota 1960

May 15, 2022
Quad Cities Iowa

Reactions: GT Venum

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Purty! :cool:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Nice shelbys!

Reactions: The Grey Ghost

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Nice antique decorations too.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
What # is the Moss Green '67? I have #875

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Is anyone on the forum in the Midwest? Actually the Quad Cites? I am new to Ownership and just looking for advice in caring and owning one for the long term. Thanks in advance. Steve
Put your city location in your profile so people can help you. Have no idea what "Quad Cities" means. Maybe you're hiding from the mob or FBI or just trying to be cute and confusing? As others have said, don't be lazy, use the search function. There is lots, and lots of information to educate you on your car here.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Put your city location in your profile so people can help you. Have no idea what "Quad Cities" means. Maybe you're hiding from the mob or FBI or just trying to be cute and confusing? As others have said, don't be lazy, use the search function. There is lots, and lots of information to educate you on your car here.

Anyone from the Midwest knows the quad cities :) but you're right it does help to have a complete profile.

Dakota 1960

May 15, 2022
Quad Cities Iowa
What # is the Moss Green '67? I have #875
My Shelby is #0194.

Reactions: 2112

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
My Shelby is #0194.

I've always thought that that year of the Mustang was the best looking ever, especially the Shelbys with the Mach 1 coming in a close second.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Very nice, and welcome. I love that '67 GT500, too. I bought my kid a 1967 Dark Moss Green S-code fastback a few years back; we are currently building it up for a little street/strip duty with a 445 FE stroker.

I am in Sioux Falls, SD. If you're ever over this way, I think it would be fun to meet up.

Dakota 1960

May 15, 2022
Quad Cities Iowa
Thanks for the invite. My Son has a 70 Mach One with a 79 351 Winsor bored .30 over. Just need to get it done.

Reactions: DakotaGT