Looking for 69 Mustang Convertible...

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
We are working on a joint winter project, a 69 Mustang convertible for the Mrs and a Boss 429 for me (to go in this project - a 69 Boss 429 Convertible). I've found my motor and now trying to find the car.

Prefer red or blue, white deluxe interior and top, preferably with AC. Since I have a big motor already, a 6 or 302 (to save on cost) is preferable - no sense paying a big premium for a 428 when we have other plans.

Watching all the usual online sites...

Thanks!

Joe

Reactions: PeteK

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Found one...

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
joe: I kinda went thru the same thing. got weak last year for a 69/70 mustang convertible. found a 70 out of Florida. small block powder blue convertible but had been changed to red with a 351C-4V shaker car. I did a lot of detailing under the hood and the floor pans. put in the shelby roll bar and a lot shelby touches. I was happy with the car until I actually took it out and did a long drive. what was I thinking?? I guess I thought these things changed after 50 years but after putting thousands of miles in a GT, I just couldn't drive myself to like it. sold it to a guy in CA. nice car to look at and I've owned Boss 429s and old Shelbys all my life but just couldn't get behind owning this car. broke out OK. at the end. My last old car .IMG_1834.JPGView attachment 63591IMG_1795.JPG

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Thanks for sharing. Beautiful car and I'm going to add the rollbar to my to-do list.

I know you're right, this would never replace the GT - not sure anything could! I'm hoping a Mustang II front end / suspension (to fit the Boss 429), disc's all around, Sniper (or similar) fuel injection and an electronic ignition will help modernize the beast and get it closer to a daily driver.

Reactions: viva gt

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
I did a 1967 Mustang fastback a couple years ago to match my 2008 Cobra Jet drag car.
put the 5.4 S/C CJ engine with C4 trans, Mustang ll steering with 4 wheel Wilwoods and the big
cobra snake graphics to match the 2008 CJ on a performance white paint job. cool piece but still
not a GT. I'll try to find a pic

Reactions: viva gt