Looking for 2015+ GT350 - Anyone have a line or selling?

stephenmutz

Nov 14, 2020
Durham, NC
Hi All! You can see a little bit about my search on this thread and where I have landed for now is on postponing the GT dream for a bit. I have had the chance to talk with a couple of awesome owners of 2015+ GT350s and have decided to pursue this route.

If you want someone who is really going to enjoy and drive the car, I have no intention to sell it ever and I have been saving for years and years for my first sporty Ford to own. Gonna be my daily driver. Would love to find a car that has been cared for very well by its owner, but I don't mind if the mileage is high, in fact that will be more affordable - which is preferred.

If it is a '15 or '16, looking for one with the track package, otherwise looking for a '17+.

Happy to chat here or ping me on a direct thread and I can share my cell. Thank you!

Reactions: Shark01

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
The GT350's are amazing cars. When you find one, you're going to love driving it. They beefed up the engines sometime around 2019. I'd suggest looking for a gen 2 voodoo engine. I think they also upgraded some other components like suspension when the GT500 came out. I'm sure you can google it. I dont think the prices vary too much between the older and newer cars, but everything is crazy expensive these days.

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC

Reactions: stephenmutz

stephenmutz

Nov 14, 2020
Durham, NC
The GT350's are amazing cars. When you find one, you're going to love driving it. They beefed up the engines sometime around 2019. I'd suggest looking for a gen 2 voodoo engine. I think they also upgraded some other components like suspension when the GT500 came out. I'm sure you can google it. I dont think the prices vary too much between the older and newer cars, but everything is crazy expensive these days.
Thank you. I knew that they had updated the tires in the rear spoiler, and I think a couple of the interior electronics, I didn’t know there was anything different about the engines…

I have heard that some of the voodoo engines absolutely hammered oil while others are better, but even after looking I couldn’t find anything different on the engines. I might be missing it though… Do you know?

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA

Reactions: stephenmutz

stephenmutz

Nov 14, 2020
Durham, NC
Thank you! Do you think that the price increase is a factor of broader supply chain issues with hope to go back down a little bit, or do you think the increased prices are here to stay for the GT350s?

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
5E6B37F4-2106-4CEF-A972-AE0BB1928353.jpeg
I bought my 2018 GT350 on a whim... It was New Year’s Eve 2019 and I went to the dealer to make preparations for my new GT delivery when I happened to chat with a salesman about moving old ‘19 inventory off the lot before the new year. He said not only did he have quite a few ‘19s to carry over, but still had a new ‘18 GT350 sitting at the back of the lot. It turns out it was 1 of 20 cars that had paint damage from a swarm of bugs that died and baked on the paint resulting in small chips on the bodies. An insurance claim had been made and the dealer repaired and sold all the other vehicles except the Shelby. They said being a limited model, they didn’t want to repair and sell as “storied” car, so there it sat for years! Not being super serious, I said I’d help them out and take it off their hands for 45k. They called me an hour later and said come get it! $400 in paint correction and she was glowing. I believe I hold the record for cheapest new GT350 purchased at nearly 18k under sticker!
This car had been awesome to drive and I foresee it being a part of the stable for many years to come. I would insist on not getting the comfort package if you will be tracking as I find the seats don’t contain you like the Recaro buckets do. Fortunately, my car has the latter. You will not regret buying a GT350!

stephenmutz

Nov 14, 2020
Durham, NC
View attachment 63743
I bought my 2018 GT350 on a whim... It was New Year’s Eve 2019 and I went to the dealer to make preparations for my new GT delivery when I happened to chat with a salesman about moving old ‘19 inventory off the lot before the new year. He said not only did he have quite a few ‘19s to carry over, but still had a new ‘18 GT350 sitting at the back of the lot. It turns out it was 1 of 20 cars that had paint damage from a swarm of bugs that died and baked on the paint resulting in small chips on the bodies. An insurance claim had been made and the dealer repaired and sold all the other vehicles except the Shelby. They said being a limited model, they didn’t want to repair and sell as “storied” car, so there it sat for years! Not being super serious, I said I’d help them out and take it off their hands for 45k. They called me an hour later and said come get it! $400 in paint correction and she was glowing. I believe I hold the record for cheapest new GT350 purchased at nearly 18k under sticker!
This car had been awesome to drive and I foresee it being a part of the stable for many years to come. I would insist on not getting the comfort package if you will be tracking as I find the seats don’t contain you like the Recaro buckets do. Fortunately, my car has the latter. You will not regret buying a GT350!
Holy frick. That is amazing! That is THE DREAM STABLE right there. Gorgeous!

Reactions: Special K

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
View attachment 63743

Sheesh! I need some good luck like that! 😉