looking at a 06ford gt...please help

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
All the good stuff; Fraud, deception, & a Federal crime.

Have I heard that story before?...I wonder if you did business with Bony's first GT dealer?

M

Mark O

Have I heard that story before?...I wonder if you did business with Bony's first GT dealer?

Since I haven't heard Bony's tale, I don't know if his or my purchase is worse. However, I can honestly say that everyone who knows about my sale has never heard of anything like this before. :eek

Has anyone ever started a topic regarding the buying experience of their GT?

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Since I haven't heard Bony's tale, I don't know if his or my purchase is worse. However, I can honestly say that everyone who knows about my sale has never heard of anything like this before. :eek

Has anyone ever started a topic regarding the buying experience of their GT?

Please be the first. We need the entertainment!:willy

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
The Deal.

msrp of 166k.......... I saw that a couple of guys here picked up theirs for low to mid 150s. Can anyone give me some tips or location for getting one at that price..

A new GT with an MSRP of 166K only has about 11% markup, about $18,000. I think that is a fair markup on the GT and I was happy to buy mine for MSRP. The car costs about $1000.00 per month to floorplan so a dealer that keeps his for a year has blown $12,000 of the $18,000 in interest expense. A $10,000 discount at this time with inventory running out is unlikely but it never hurts to ask. I would be more concerned with getting the car/color/stripes/options you want rather than trying to find the biggest discount. A year from now the price will be forgotten, the GT will still be a blast.

Chip

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
3% Holdback

This is what I have researched for invoice pricing:

'06 Invoice Price: $137,546
Painted Stripes: 4,655
Optional Wheels: 3,045
McIntosh: 3,480
Painted Calipers: 653
Destination: 1,250
Gas Guzzler Tax: 2,100

Total: $152,729

Good luck. I hope that helps.

Best Regards,
Waldo

In addition to this invoice pricing, the dealer gets 3% of the invoice and option prices paid to him at year end. Markup including this 3% is (close approx.) 11% total.

Chip

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
In addition to this invoice pricing, the dealer gets 3% of the invoice and option prices paid to him at year end. Markup including this 3% is (close approx.) 11% total.

Chip

HUH?????!
Is this actually an '05 "sticker"???
The factory window sticker on my '06 was $149,995 "base"!!!! $166,945 WITH ALL OPTIONS!!
Whuzzup with THIS car?????:eek

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
HUH?????!
Is this actually an '05 "sticker"???
The factory window sticker on my '06 was $149,995 "base"!!!! $166,945 WITH ALL OPTIONS!!
Whuzzup with THIS car?????:eek

'Pockets-

Chip is quoting dealer invoice numbers, not MSRP window sticker numbers.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'Pockets-

Chip is quoting dealer invoice numbers, not MSRP window sticker numbers.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
...Some of us are just s-l-o-w-e-r at catchin' on ...

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
In July '05, there was a $10K increase in MSRP. Any cars ordered or built before that date got the old price.