Lock up that ordering kit!

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I came across this article and thought I’d share. My ordering kit has been on my coffee table since day one for people to enjoy. Maybe it’s time for the kids to keep their hands off… 😂

Reactions: Stef

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
The ones that have come up for auction, I think its a shame that they were separated from the car that was built using that order kit.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
The ones that have come up for auction, I think its a shame that they were separated from the car that was built using that order kit.
I agree, especially since I have put the supplied vin plaque on my kit tying it to my car. How many owners have done the same?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I agree, especially since I have put the supplied vin plaque on my kit tying it to my car. How many owners have done the same?
Nope, totally forgot. Have the plaque, never remembered to stick it.

Reactions: Stef and Special K

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Nope, totally forgot. Have the plaque, never remembered to stick it.
Do it!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Selling the order kit separate from the Ford GT somewhat causes me some negative vibes! another reason why they shouldn’t have been chose to own one! At this point in my life, I call it like it is! Sorry Forum Members! The order kit should go with the Car!!

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Like you all are saying here.
Mine is staying with the car. Why would anyone want an order kit and not have the car it was intended for.
Have not as of yet put on the number plaque but making it priority number one first thing tomorrow.

Reactions: Special K

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Extra plaque? Hmmmm, don’t remember it! When and how was it given?

Reactions: Special K

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Extra plaque? Hmmmm, don’t remember it! When and how was it given?
It was in a small envelope given to you at the time of delivery. It was easy to forget about with all the excitement going on that day.

Reactions: THamonGT

ScottK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
It was in a small envelope given to you at the time of delivery. It was easy to forget about with all the excitement going on that day.

I had the same, “wait a minute, what extra chassis number plaque!?” moment a year or two ago.

Look for that small envelope hiding inside the large black folder that has the window sticker and some other paperwork.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
59EFB035-7AE3-4015-A236-D2AF9312E132.jpeg

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
H045 will go to the New Owner when I’m through!

Attachments

• IMG_0400.jpeg
    IMG_0400.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 15