Last ten Ford GTs to the chicken poop kid?

bitzman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 7, 2005
Heard a rumor last ten Ford GTs were slated for Der Snakemeister.
Any truth in this? Are these going to be Shelbyized?
Or is it just a rumor.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No, Shelby had five cars coming per agreement with Ford. His were being finished while we were at the rally. I saw them testing a midnight blue/no stripes for final delivery.

rmartin175

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 15, 2006
Delaplane, Virginia
Agreed, Shelby's GT's were actually over off to a corner behind the metal fence inside the Wixom facility when we were there. They and a few cars set aside for special folks at Ford were shuffled out of our view). I was there a week earlier with my son and a friend to give them a private tour, and actually took a few pictures of Shelby's cars in final production at Wixom. Will be giving those pictures to Shelby later in October when my wife and I visit him/his facility in Las Vegas.

bitzman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 7, 2005
Will the Shelby owned GTs have different paint color?

I realize that you can't mix a special color batch that easily when, say, the yellow cars are coming down the line.
But on the other hand there is the Sonic Blue car that was given away at the Cattle Baron's Ball.

So what I am wondering is: are the cars set aside for Shelby going to have their own special color of paint? Will they be sold as "Shelby GTs" or something like that? Did he get the last five right out to the end of the U.S.-spec. build? I suppose the last U.S. spec. car (not counting the 200 Canadian cars after that) will be more collectable like the last U.S. -spec. Pantera even though DeTomaso continued to make Panteras for many years after 1974.

escman

GT Owner
Nov 16, 2005
Long Island, NY
Its all about the money

bitzman said:
Or is it just a rumor.

The snake oil salesman never met a dollar he didn't like! If they indeed went to him, I'm sure we will see them soon.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No, his cars were nothing special, other than some no stripes. Same colors as the rest of us. Not really near the end of the run.

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
bitzman said:
So what I am wondering is: are the cars set aside for Shelby going to have their own special color of paint?

I'd say no, because of the stink with the SB car.

Anyone know who bought the SB car?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
bitzman said:
Or is it just a rumor.

FOR A GUY MAKING MONEY OFF SHELBY TO TITLE YOUR THREAD IN THE MANNER YOU HAVE DONE IS INSULTING TO SAY THE VERY LEAST. IF IT WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN FOR SHELBY THE GT WOULD HAVE BEEN ANOTHER RACE CAR THAT NEVER MADE IT. YOU HAVE ASKED MANY OF US FOR PICTURES AND OTHER INFORMATION, I AM SURE YOU HAVE CONTACTED SHELBY AS WELL. DO YOU THINK THEY WOULD COOPERATE IF THEY KNEW YOU WERE ON THE INTERNET WITH BORDERLINE BASHING POSTS? LIKE MOST OF THE MEDIA YOUR BIAS IS SHOWING.

FOR THE FOLKS THAT HATE SHELBY THERE ARE CORVETTES AND OTHER FINE CARS TO BUY. Nobody is perfect, Carroll is a real icon.

Oh by the way, I will not be buying your book or supporting you.
Daniel Bonyhadi
SAAC Member and owner of several Shelby vehicles

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
hate to bitch, but for a guy making money off this site and gathering information he sure selected the wrong verbiage to start this thread.
meanwhile you would think he would at least become a supporter of this site.
god bless america,
daniel

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
50 BMG said:
I'd say no, because of the stink with the SB car.

Anyone know who bought the SB car?

Hi James,

It was a Ford Dealer from Georgia whose daughter is a cancer survivor.

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Ah, thanks!