Key programming

zach05855

GT Owner
Oct 16, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Gentlemen,

I have lost one of my GT keys. I have purchased several keys and key fobs but they need to be programmed. According to the manual, since I only have one programmed key, only a dealer can program the additional keys.

Is there anyway around this since the 2 dealers around me are kind of idiots and I cannot stand going to them for this.

Any help would be appreciated.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
As far as I know only the dealer can program it. If you have two keys you can add two(?) more, but if you only have one key the key has to be authenticated by the dealer.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Well... when you say "lost", is that lost in your house OR was it lost outside, taken form car, lost at a shop, etc.

If its gone for good, you want your remaining key reprogrammed; that way your "lost" key can never start the car, it can open door though (unless you change cylinder).

-Key Blank: $62
-Key Fob: $65
-Programming time at Dealer: $130

~$250+ all in.

Steve Schneider

GT Owner
Dec 16, 2010
Zach

I got to know a reliable teck at local Ford dealer, not the closest to my house mind you and he brought His laptop to my house, did 2 keys, removed any old codes etc. paid Him cash, he was happy to do it, maybe option?

Steve

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
GT Guys

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
I had a dealer tech come to my house with his laptop to program new key. Takes at least 20 minutes as a safe guard for theft.

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Pm me.
Gentlemen,

I have lost one of my GT keys. I have purchased several keys and key fobs but they need to be programmed. According to the manual, since I only have one programmed key, only a dealer can program the additional keys.

Is there anyway around this since the 2 dealers around me are kind of idiots and I cannot stand going to them for this.

Any help would be appreciated.

zach05855

GT Owner
Oct 16, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Well... when you say "lost", is that lost in your house OR was it lost outside, taken form car, lost at a shop, etc.

If its gone for good, you want your remaining key reprogrammed; that way your "lost" key can never start the car, it can open door though (unless you change cylinder).

-Key Blank: $62
-Key Fob: $65
-Programming time at Dealer: $130

~$250+ all in.

When I say "lost" I should have said "Misplaced" it is in the house some place. I thought after one year it would turn up. Going to the dealer is a major pain. The dealer is very large, there is no place to safely park, everyone surrounds the cars like ants. it makes me nuts going there.

zach05855

GT Owner
Oct 16, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
I had a dealer tech come to my house with his laptop to program new key. Takes at least 20 minutes as a safe guard for theft.

Great idea, I will call the dealer and see if they can do a house call.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Key fobs are on Amazon for about $7-8 with free shipping.

samson

GT Owner
Nov 3, 2014
Harrogate TN
I recently had my gt lock the door while it’s was running in the drive way. No help from the 2 nearest ford dealers saying they had no way of getting key codes for cars over 10 years old. So I had to get a good lock smith to come and open the car and he also made me a new spare key and key fob. And gave me my key code of something ever happens again.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Need to find a local repair shop with a Ford Ids. That is the tool that will allow them to access the pats system to program the keys. once you have two keys programmed you can program more by your self but at the time id just have them do all of them.