"Junior" reporter needed for rally

bitzman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 7, 2005
Hi gang:
I will not be able to make the rally in detroit. I hope that my suggestions early on helped shape it up as a good event. I think it is rare in the auto world for enthusiasts to recognize that a golden era is ending forever while there is still time to gain information from the people building the car. I am readying the book Ford GT40 and the New Ford GT for publication, so am hoping that anybody attending the rally keeps an eye out for:

--good stories of testing the car told by employees
(please get the contact e-mail address of any employee who tells you a good story)

--pictures of clay models (may be on display board)

--pictures of the very rough mules

--chances to shoot modified GTs, maybe those built for Ford executives or privately owned cars like the forum members who have removed their rear bumper

We might not be able to get any additional info into the first edition, but certainly will by the second. The first edition, a hardbound book, will be 224 pages, 32 pages of color, over 100 b & w illustrations, and originally offered on ebay and at Autobooks in Burbank until we get a distributor lined up.

A previous book by two of the three authors is GT40 Photo Archive (Iconografix). One of the two co-authors owns a GT40 Mk. V by Safir.

Anybody whose pictures are accepted for the next edition will receive a free copy of the first edition. Good hunting!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
What about credits?

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
bitzman said:
Hi gang:
I will not be able to make the rally in detroit. I hope that my suggestions early on helped shape it up as a good event. I think it is rare in the auto world for enthusiasts to recognize that a golden era is ending forever while there is still time to gain information from the people building the car. I am readying the book Ford GT40 and the New Ford GT for publication, so am hoping that anybody attending the rally keeps an eye out for:

--good stories of testing the car told by employees
(please get the contact e-mail address of any employee who tells you a good story)

--pictures of clay models (may be on display board)

--pictures of the very rough mules

--chances to shoot modified GTs, maybe those built for Ford executives or privately owned cars like the forum members who have removed their rear bumper

We might not be able to get any additional info into the first edition, but certainly will by the second. The first edition, a hardbound book, will be 224 pages, 32 pages of color, over 100 b & w illustrations, and originally offered on ebay and at Autobooks in Burbank until we get a distributor lined up.

A previous book by two of the three authors is GT40 Photo Archive (Iconografix). One of the two co-authors owns a GT40 Mk. V by Safir.

Anybody whose pictures are accepted for the next edition will receive a free copy of the first edition. Good hunting!

Email sent. Several mule shots from SVT HQ at the Centennial June 2003. If you could find the original file for the mule assembly shot that would be priceless. If anyone has a contact that worked at SVT at the time they may have it.

Last edited:

04SVTCobra

Mar 27, 2006
Tampa, Fl.
i'll take my camera.

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
bitzman said:
Hi gang:

I don't know what is permissible :bang , but if it could be arranged how about offering the book for sale on the forum? Since you would be saving the ebay fees a small discount or a donation of some fraction of the proceeds to help support the forum would be great too. Or how about special editions signed by the author(s)? :party