Jason Cammisa Ford GT Revelations

Enzo101

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2015
Clarksville, AR

Always been a fan of Jason's work. Glad he did one on the GT finally.

Reactions: DakotaGT and extrap

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I would argue that by 1966 the GT40 was more Ford than Lola.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
"Chris Theodore- hero and all-around badass" !! Love it. Totally agree.

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Was that a cold day on shit tires or not a stock GT on shit tires?
Great clip

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Reading thru the comments, we have the cadre of those who passed on their chance to buy at $100K. One claims $90K for a new car off the showroom (in white with blue no less).

Where were those when I was buying? The least expensive car I saw was a $143K red car that immediately became a $155K car once you contacted the seller.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Was that a cold day on shit tires or not a stock GT on shit tires?
Great clip

It’s John Nirenstein’s GT (father of YouTuber Parker Nirenstein), and if I’m not mistaken it still has the ORIGINAL Goodyear tires on it :oops::oops::oops:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Reading thru the comments, we have the cadre of those who passed on their chance to buy at $100K. One claims $90K for a new car off the showroom (in white with blue no less).

Where were those when I was buying? The least expensive car I saw was a $143K red car that immediately became a $155K car once you contacted the seller.
There "may have" been few sold for <$100k. Dealership (s) went bankrupt. Inventory re-located to lending Bank holding area. Some special "balance only" liqidation deals were made. Friends taking care of friends. Or something like that.

Kpgarage

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2019
Ford actually listed the GT in their available fleet vehicles in 2005 and 2006. Although I don’t know how many or even if any were sold through fleet sales, the story back in the day was that only fleet customers that purchased large numbers of other typical fleet vehicles, like white ranger trucks or econolone vans could get one. I actually have one of the fleet catalogs showing the GT as a fleet sales vehicle.
For those who ordered the car as soon as we could, remember that the GT came right after several idiot greedy dealers tried marking up the Thunderbird with disastrous effect. The GT was always a dealer lottery car and most were sold on the poker chip draw or share of nation allotment. Sure there may have been some good deals at or even slightly below msrp, but claims drastically below that, short of a dealer closing are rare, if even!
BTW I do object to them making the GT not fire right over in the video. They run great and start quick and reliably. I know they’re trying to make a dramatic point but still needs to be accurate.

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
It’s John Nirenstein’s GT (father of YouTuber Parker Nirenstein), and if I’m not mistaken it still has the ORIGINAL Goodyear tires on it :oops::oops::oops:

It was on OE rubber and it wasn't stock based on sound and probably engine not OE spec tune...anyone know state of mods?

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
It was on OE rubber

Isn't that what I said?

Correct that it also isn't stock. I think he has Ford Racing exhaust, possibly pulley and tune. I'm sure Parker mentioned it at some point in one of his videos about it.

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Sorry was probably rubbing eyes open when I pulled out the keyboard and 1/2 read your post.

Reactions: DakotaGT

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali

Always been a fan of Jason's work. Glad he did one on the GT finally.
Oh crap I just posted this in the Media section of the Forum :(

HNS

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2020
East Coast
Gotta love the history of this car. I too was wondering which exhaust is on his vehicle because it sounds perfect!

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
He got way to many things wrong on this one, so two thumbs down.
Main thing is the 1st generation
Ford GT is not, nor ever was a Lola.
The thing they ever had in common was the Lola MK6 had a small block Ford and monocoque construction.
Ford GT40's were built by F.A.V. not Lola.
2nd, and this is really stupid
(or hating on Ford right in the title) calling it "7 Failures"

Those concepts are the result of a lot of hard work by the true gearheads and racing enthusiasts working in the background/shadows at Ford.
If the decision making process would have been up to them, Ford would have never ended GT production in the first place. Fred Goodnow is one of those,
which in the company it was always know as
"Keeping the dream alive".

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Have never been a fan of his.....always tries too hard to be funny, and he isn't. He also messes up on alot on facts which should be easy to verify.

The car really sounded good though and it was interesting to see the prototypes. FWIW, Ford sold Panteras for 5 years and moved 5,500 units.....hardly a failure when you think about the US auto industry from 1971 to 1975.