Jack stands with pucks?

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
I bought the lifting pucks that fit the holes on the bottom of the GT. Trouble I have with them is that they are flat and smooth and the jack stands have a Y shape to them and do not engage the puck well at all. It would be far too easy for the puck to slide off the jack stand.

Looking for suggestions for better jack stands, modified pucks, widgets that fit the jack stands to the car etc. Want a safe and secure way to put the car on 4 jack stands for service.

I have thought about grinding out the pucks to fit the jaw of the jack stands I have but felt folks here would have better ideas.

Thanks,

You could either cut off the arms of the Y and/or weld a flat plate on the top of the stands, and then put a machine screw through the puck and the flat. It would be very secure.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
I have them and they work well for this task.
Best,
Mark

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
I bought Harbor Freight stands and had the "yoke" problem. Bought plain hockey pucks and dado cut a slot that fits over the yoke. Works great. I am thinking of adding "posts" that would fit inside the lift point center holes, but it's really not necessary.