It's Black and White..........

futuregtowner

Sep 16, 2006
SE Arizona
Truthfully, I don’t know what the “hub-bub” is all about. My plans next year include purchasing a White GT as it is unmistakably the fastest “color” during daylight hours of all the GT’s. Black GT’s are undeniably the fastest during nighttime hours and it REALLY makes no sense to argue these points any longer as the other colors are not a factor and CANNOT be considered as part of the hypothesis.

Positive, verifiable, indisputable PROOF is easily accomplished and shown by the following equations where c = speed of light, t = time, d = measured distance, m = objects mass, E = the energy generated, Vref = referenced speed of given object, to whit:

E = hf where momentum p = mc so hf/c = mc. Then m = hf/c2. So a photon DOES have mass ( photons are white). mc2~ ½ p(x) Vref 1-3 m (units) + 2/9 x d +(-1) where “c” - all colors2 (squared) where t - d + E + -1 = White fastest during daylight hours.

CONVERSELY, and this is important, in my Dec. 2, 1987 meeting with Feynman at Caltech, we discussed the “mass” versus “massless” properties of a light packet (photon) where I argued, successfully, I might add, that since photons have zero “rest mass”, they still contain energy and are affected by gravity. This is an important predictor in general relativity and it applies to color VERY eloquently thusly:

We all know a photon of light is white (when not broken down in a mass spectrometer into its hues). Therefore, during all daylight hours, anything “colored” white, by the above equation and verified in countless laboratory and field experiments, has a velocity/speed far greater than any other like-kind object!!! This is indisputable!!! White GT’s, literally travel so much faster than ANY of the other colors, as not to be seen when doing so!

SO………..using the same basic hypotenuse and applying the same formula to a Black GT, black photons are INVISIBLE to the naked eye, during nighttime hours, and thus in no way can it be disputed that the sound you hear passing by you, at night and UNSEEN, can only be THEE FASTEST vehicle on the road at that time………a Black GT. If you can’t see it, it must be going faster than anything else out there!

As I am very sorry (not) to have to report the above, by inference, one could also conclude that no matter what modifications are done to GT’s, it is a non-issue to argue the White/Black GT speed issue versus ANY OTHER COLOR. Thank you.

Red Rocket

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2006
Pacific North West
respectfully disagree. See Joe's car for proof.

Here's one for you Professor - If your car could travel at the speed of light, would your headlights work? :biggrin :cheers

Last edited:

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Your theory is, sadly flawed:

"E = hf where momentum p = mc so hf/c = mc. Then m = hf/c2. So a photon DOES have mass ( photons are white). mc2~ ½ p(x) Vref 1-3 m (units) + 2/9 x d +(-1) where “c” - all colors2 (squared) where t - d + E + -1 = White fastest during daylight hours."

Colour is not a physical property of objects, it is a perceptual representation of the distribution of photon energy quanta within a reflectance or emission spectrum produced by an object. The function which maps these distributions of photon energy quanta onto our perceptions of color has been studied in one guise or another for many years. An historical review of the literature related to the construction of a perceptual color space begins with Newton and ends with current thought. Perceptual color space refers to the representational framework in which our perceptions of colour relate to one another. A uniform metric for the perception of color has remained something of a mirage, at once seeming to be easily attainable and yet always just out of reach.

Where you snuck in (photons are white) is where your theory, I'm sorry to report falls down.

We at the GT acadamy are sorry you didn't graduate on this attempt. :biggrin

futuregtowner

Sep 16, 2006
SE Arizona
Traveling at "c".........

Most definetly, YES.

A Ford GT, or any vehicle for that matter, traveling at the speed of light, presumably in the vacuum of space, could have its headlights seen from any number of reference points by any observer. You on the other hand, traveling inside this vehicle at light speed, and keeping in mind that traveling at the speed of light means backwards in time, you would therefore see your headlights coming as opposed to going.

Red Rocket

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2006
Pacific North West
futuregtowner said:
Most definetly, YES.

A Ford GT, or any vehicle for that matter, traveling at the speed of light, presumably in the vacuum of space, could have its headlights seen from any number of reference points by any observer. You on the other hand, traveling inside this vehicle at light speed, and keeping in mind that traveling at the speed of light means backwards in time, you would therefore see your headlights coming as opposed to going.

I guess that explains why the faster I go the less my headlights seem to work. So at least that part of your theory is plausible. On the other matter, I defer to Perfesser Neil on matters of quantum physics, for two reasons;

(1) his car is red, therefore he MUST be right, and

(2) I am working on a case of PBR (the champagne of the south), so I can't be bothered to pick up my slide rule.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I've decided to get one of each color, drive them at the speed of light to the Andromeda Galaxy and test all the reigning theories discussed. When I get back, I give your ancestors or descendants the results, depending on which theory holds true. :biggrin

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I went to the Andromeda Galaxy in my red GT yesterday.

Back already..... :lol

tiger 6

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 5, 2006
virginia
To all- :biggrin :cheers :thumbsup :wink :lol :rofl

jasper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 17, 2006
australia/ 51st state
Neilda said:

neil was going to say something else but your a gentleman so i'll say this
are you watching reruns of dr who :rofl

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Red Rocket said:
respectfully disagree. See Joe's car for proof.

Here's one for you Professor - If your car could travel at the speed of light, would your headlights work? :biggrin :cheers

Well yes, the lights would be traveling at twice the speed.

Jeez, that would be fast .............................

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Neilda said:

"E = hf where momentum p = mc so hf/c = mc. Then m = hf/c2. So a photon DOES have mass ( photons are white). mc2~ ½ p(x) Vref 1-3 m (units) + 2/9 x d +(-1) where “c” - all colors2 (squared) where t - d + E + -1 = White fastest during daylight hours."

Colour is not a physical property of objects, it is a perceptual representation of the distribution of photon energy quanta within a reflectance or emission spectrum produced by an object. The function which maps these distributions of photon energy quanta onto our perceptions of color has been studied in one guise or another for many years. An historical review of the literature related to the construction of a perceptual color space begins with Newton and ends with current thought. Perceptual color space refers to the representational framework in which our perceptions of colour relate to one another. A uniform metric for the perception of color has remained something of a mirage, at once seeming to be easily attainable and yet always just out of reach.

Where you snuck in (photons are white) is where your theory, I'm sorry to report falls down.

Correct - there is no color, only reflection.

That's why at night all GTs at equally fast. :thumbsup During the day it is obvious the white GT is the fastest since it is not being weighted down by the extra absorption of light.

Welcome to reality - don't shoot the messenger ...............

jasper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 17, 2006
australia/ 51st state
Gulf GT said:
I've decided to get one of each color, drive them at the speed of light to the Andromeda Galaxy and test all the reigning theories discussed. When I get back, I give your ancestors or descendants the results, depending on which theory holds true. :biggrin

i think gulf must have tested a red one last, he's still gone :lol

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I knew I should have bought a red one.

jasper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 17, 2006
australia/ 51st state
Gulf GT said:
I knew I should have bought a red one.

where's fred?

seen you as you come down over the equator, air force scrambled jets

thinking it was a ufo.

what was the problem? lots of noise and thats all :willy

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
AZGT said:
Well yes, the lights would be traveling at twice the speed.

Jeez, that would be fast .............................

:willy

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Neilda said:

well said, wish I could contribute to your hypothese, I trust you agree that those GT's without center stripes are faster because they weigh less? :rofl :eek :rofl

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Neilda said:

Darn, I thought that was you with the space chics, I was at the end of the bar.
Amazing what anesthesia does for you :banana