Is any dealer selling GT 500's at sticker?

mccarter1369

Ford Enthusiast
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 18, 2006
Denver, CO
Looking for a GT 500; are any dealers letting them go at sticker? I do not care if it is '07 or '08. I find it hard to believe the demand is still this high on these vehicles, but that is what I am experiencing in my market. I am just now starting to look. I got my GT for $10K under sticker 9 months ago and figured I could get a reasonable price on a GT 500 now. Any help appreciated. I am in the Pittsburgh area. Ideal car is black, coupe with no stripes at all.

Lgaruti

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Seminole, Fl
Christian,

There are more players in the $50-60k range for the GT500 than the $150k+ range of the Ford GT.

Plus financing is easy on the GT500.

That's why I think the dealers are holding out for +10k.

Larry

08GT500

Jul 21, 2007
Peoria,Arizona
Looking for a GT 500; are any dealers letting them go at sticker? I do not care if it is '07 or '08. I find it hard to believe the demand is still this high on these vehicles, but that is what I am experiencing in my market. I am just now starting to look. I got my GT for $10K under sticker 9 months ago and figured I could get a reasonable price on a GT 500 now. Any help appreciated. I am in the Pittsburgh area. Ideal car is black, coupe with no stripes at all.

Log onto www.stangsunleashed.com. It is a very active site for GT500 owner's and those looking to be as well. If you post what you are looking for and what you want to pay someone may be able to help. Just be ready to jump when the opportunity arises. Good Luck.

jj1987

Jun 9, 2006
I believe that Greenway Ford has a GT500 @ MSRP, that was what I heard at a car meet last week.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
plenty if you hunt at it.

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
watch ebay...there must be at lesast 50 for sale...nothing has even sold for sticker in weeks...wait em out...the stock market as well as this market is very soft...

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
NEVER! :devil They will always be above sticker because they are made of gold! :biggrin

$5K over is the norm now. As Sir Bony mentioned, if you hunt, you will find. :cool

08GT500

Jul 21, 2007
Peoria,Arizona
Just be prepared for disappointment. I have been given leads on dealers that sell for msrp by a dozen people. None of them panned out with the exception of a dealer in MI that sells for sticker and has a list 20 deep for 2 cars. The only people I have seen claiming to be able to purchase for sticker are the ones that curiously don't want a GT500 and those that have been on a waiting list since 2006. To find a 07' at msrp, you will have to scour the country and be open to any color. Best of luck finding an order for an 08' at sticker. I personally talked to 50 dealers all over the country before taking a 08' order at 5k over. I know many that have talked to three times that many dealers and can't even get a car at 5k. Not trying to discourage you, just trying to prepare you. Best of luck.

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
nonsnese...wait em out...Call Dean at Santa Monica Ford. He has a white with blue stripe and black with silver that have ben sitting for weeks on his floor and 5 more in storage...how long do you think he can wait?

08GT500

Jul 21, 2007
Peoria,Arizona
nonsnese...wait em out...Call Dean at Santa Monica Ford. He has a white with blue stripe and black with silver that have ben sitting for weeks on his floor and 5 more in storage...how long do you think he can wait?

Maybe about as long as some of the dealers still sitting on 06 FGT's?????

scylla6

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2006
They are out there. I ordered an 08 for MSRP. Now I just have to wait for it.
Best of luck.

08GT500

Jul 21, 2007
Peoria,Arizona
Best of luck.

Congratulations, glad you were able to find a deal. Is the dealer you ordered getting anymore allocations? I know several people who would buy at msrp.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Best of luck.

Well done. Enjoy!!!

mccarter1369

Ford Enthusiast
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 18, 2006
Denver, CO
Meeting a dealer Friday

I'm not holding my breath, but a dealer in PA claims they can get it; I am to meet him Friday for details. I have been on the wait list for the Super Snake and can't wait. I just currently don't have a snake to sup-up! Does anyone know what the story is behind the 125 HP bump with no warranty? Thanks

08GT500

Jul 21, 2007
Peoria,Arizona
I'm not holding my breath, but a dealer in PA claims they can get it; I am to meet him Friday for details. I have been on the wait list for the Super Snake and can't wait. I just currently don't have a snake to sup-up! Does anyone know what the story is behind the 125 HP bump with no warranty? Thanks

Check out www.stangsunleashed.com. They have a specific forum for Super Snakes and you should be able to get some information there. Amy B. from Shelby American is also reachable on that site. Not too much information is available on the 725hp package. Some say it will include a different supercharger and some say it will retain the stock one.

mccarter1369

Ford Enthusiast
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 18, 2006
Denver, CO
Got it, due Sept 7th

Met with the dealer, papers signed. Black, top stripe delete, interior trim upgrade and HID. About $3000.00 ADM. Nice guy and happy to pay the price to get a 2008. Thanks for all the information. Now comes the super snake conversion wait. . .

08GT500

Jul 21, 2007
Peoria,Arizona
Congratulations on your new purchase. Maybe not as exciting as the purchase of a GT but still. Glad you were able to find a deal that worked for you. I have not heard if any Super Snakes have been completed as of yet. I assume not. With the second year of Shelby production underway, it seems like they would have started by now. With the addition of the KR to the production it seems like Shelby Automotive is getting behind a bit. I hope the wait is not too long...

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
interior trim upgrade and HID.

HID's! Is that a new option? Do you know if it is a projector or reflective?

08GT500

Jul 21, 2007
Peoria,Arizona
HID's! Is that a new option? Do you know if it is a projector or reflective?

New option for 08' available on all Mustangs. You can see some pics on svtperformance.com.

gbvetracer

GT Owner
Jan 25, 2007
New 2008 GT500 sold BELOW MSRP

These GT500's have fallen like a ROCK. Just check Ebays completed listings.. One in Indianapolis just sold for UNDER STICKER! 45,500.00. The ONLY people that are now paying over sticker have more money then brains...