Interesting warranty info

Tungsten

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Atlanta
I thought you guys would enjoy this....not sure I would count on it being accurate...

http://fordgt.net.hosting.domaindirect.com/breakingnews.htm

Note the statement of Racing does not void warranty........
Tungsten

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
I just received the optional chome gear shift knob and shift lever shaft from "Ford Racing" and in the package there was a note saying that the installation of those products will void the car warranty. Uhm..okay, right. It's probably a note they stick into every component they ship out or something. I doubt a gear shift knob has any negative effect on the car as a whole....but it may be true for headers, mufflers, etc. I don't know. Check with Ford.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
:frown ... Hope your tranny holds up... ha ha

canibl said:
I just received the optional chome gear shift knob and shift lever shaft from "Ford Racing" and in the package there was a note saying that the installation of those products will void the car warranty. Uhm..okay, right. It's probably a note they stick into every component they ship out or something. I doubt a gear shift knob has any negative effect on the car as a whole....but it may be true for headers, mufflers, etc. I don't know. Check with Ford.

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
what is it the opitonal lever is suppossed to do?

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
the optional gear shift knob and gear shift lever sleeve don't serve any mechanical/technical advantage over stock. They are purely cosmetic changes and are extremely easy to install. They can be purchased through your local ford dealership or online through the Ford Racing Parts catalog. Here's some picts
PS. the chrome knob with the "FORD GT" engraving saves ....2 grams... over the stock one, the sleeve is made of aluminum and it's light.

Attachments

• h-007.jpg
    h-007.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 68
  • h-008.jpg
    h-008.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 63
  • h-009.jpg
    h-009.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 60
  • h-012.jpg
    h-012.jpg