Interesting Post Over on Club Cobra

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
I thought you folks might be interested in following this post over on Club Cobra:

http://clubcobra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75645

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I thought you folks might be interested in following this post over on Club Cobra:

http://clubcobra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75645

Great link, I wonder if CSX will find it and go over there and convince the Cobra guys to get a Viper?? That would be so sweeeet, of course he would last one post...:cheers :thumbsup :cheers

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
I like the comment about how "big" the Ford is. I sat in an SPF GT-40 and couldn't believe how "small" it was. Had troube even gettng in. It was good looking, sounded great, and very nicely done - but claustrophobic.

The perceptions of others are always interesing. That's why there are always options - so everyone can be happy.

Last edited:

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
I like the comment about how "big" the Ford is. I sat in an SPF GT-40 and couldn't believe how "small" it was. Had troube even gettng in. It was good looking, sounded great, and very nicely done - but claustrophobic.

The perceptions of others are always interesing. That's why there are always options - so everyone can be happy.

You are right on, but their is a reason for the tightness. The SPF GT40 is an original spec car. That means four inches shorter and 18 inches shorter in length. That's a lot of space to give up and needless to say it translates into a claustrophobic cabin. The guys that ran those cars back in the sixty's had some cast iron balls. Then again that was all they knew, safety technology pretty much did not exist. To each his own though, the SPF is a nasty race old school race car that is about 60-70k cheaper to build then a Ford GT. Put a Roush motor in it and you have an awesome ride. I have an SPF Cobra with a Roush 427 so I know the product and they are awesome replicas...JMO!!!
Dan