Instrument lower trim panel and gauge binnacle removal?

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
So i am going to replace my gauges with a set of speedhut gauges and a new binnacle(the plastic surrounding the gauges and rocker switches) in the near future.I have a shop manual and have searched all the threads i can find relating to this but am still unclear to a few aspects of the removal procedure.While doing so i will also replace the recalled passenger air bag since i believe the instrument lower trim panel has to be removed for both the airbag and binnacle.I have had the gauge panel out several times to replaced failed gauges so i am familiar with that procedure.
1)for the instrument lower trim panel,how many clips hold in the panel?are there clips on the top by the ac vents?do the ac vents need to be removed prior to removing the lower instrument panel to access the upper clips?does the cowl trim need to be removed to remove the lower instrument trim panel?i understand the lower panel is very fragile above the starter button and will use a helper
2)for the instrument binnacle,once the lower instrument trim panel is removed along with the metal panel behind the instrument trim panel and toggle switches is the binnacle then able to be removed?i see from searching this forum there are screws on the bottom of the binnacle that are accessible once the lower instrument trim panel is removed but are there any on the top?
all help is appreciated TIA Joe