I was here a long time ago...

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Nice, must of costed a pretty penny.

He's got the cheapest heritage out there repaint or not.. Todd's become a great friend and helped a lot along the way of building his car.

oli

Sep 15, 2012
Hayden Lake
He's got the cheapest heritage out there repaint or not.. Todd's become a great friend and helped a lot along the way of building his car.
I saw, I believe Mecum, I could be wrong, a tungsten fgt wrapped in the Heritage colours. Closest I've seen to my budget excluding commission.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
If you look at the auction houses, prices are always higher. Just one year ago, a mid-mileage GT could be bought for $250K in a private party purchase. Although prices have been moving up for maybe two years, the greatest rise has been most recently—the so-called “hockey-stick” curve. Which is what makes me think we are in the overshoot region of the graph of market price movements. Which is why I would not be a buyer at current prices. I’d wait for the market to stabilize again.

Just speculation though. I don’t have a crystal ball! And I'm not selling mine anytime soon.

Reactions: DakotaGT

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I saw, I believe Mecum, I could be wrong, a tungsten fgt wrapped in the Heritage colours. Closest I've seen to my budget excluding commission.

That car sold for 280, Todd is in his car for 200K :D

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I feel the same as Pete ... the problem being, just like the stock market, what if you're wrong and prices never come back down to where you think they should be? Double whammy: You end up paying the same or more later, and ya missed out on fun during the period you waited.

In 2007 the Dow ranged between about 12k-14k, then the bust happened and it dropped to ~6,500. At that point you could've waited for "the bottom" to invest more, but it's been nearly all up since then and is now around 35k-36k.

Reactions: DakotaGT

oli

Sep 15, 2012
Hayden Lake
If you look at the auction houses, prices are always higher. Just one year ago, a mid-mileage GT could be bought for $250K in a private party purchase. Although prices have been moving up for maybe two years, the greatest rise has been most recently—the so-called “hockey-stick” curve. Which is what makes me think we are in the overshoot region of the graph of market price movements. Which is why I would not be a buyer at current prices. I’d wait for the market to stabilize again.

Just speculation though. I don’t have a crystal ball! And I'm not selling mine anytime soon.
I've had those thoughts as well. My P car was worth more than 200k and I had an offer early in my purchase of which I should of taken. Since then there has been a pull back and that's why I couldn't come back here until I had her sold. It just got real hard to find that one person who appreciated my car for what it is worth. I was thinking my car was going to continue to go up.