I Have Just Been Approved By FORD For A New 2020 GT!!!!

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado
Hey Guys and Girls, Rich Barnes here at The Mustang Ranch in Golden, Colorado. I have been slapping myself silly, splashing water in my face, asking every one that I know "Just pinch me!" With in the last month Ford has approved me for a 2020 GT! It has finally sunk in and is true. I have taken the first steps and filled/ sent the appropriate paperwork that they have asked me to fill out. I have just been asked if I want The "69 Heritage Edition Series and I said YES!!!!

Reactions: canibl

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
nice! I'm excited for you, the heritage will look amazing :)

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
Curious Rich....Any indication if it will be early or late 2020 build.

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado
Hey Art138, I do not know yet. In a manor of time they will give me my own Vin Number. And then I can ask those kinds of questions.

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver
Big High Fives, Rich! I know more than most how deserving of first-application approval you are. A lifelong bleeds-blue w passion Ford guy right here, ladies and gentleman.😃 You better invite me to a party to see it sooner or later.

Brian

Adios

GT Owner
Apr 24, 2010
E. Washington State
Congratulations, I'm still deaming of the day. When I got my Letter from Ford it felt like I received a DEAR JOHN LETTER.

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado
Big High Fives, Rich! I know more than most how deserving of first-application approval you are. A lifelong bleeds-blue w passion Ford guy right here, ladies and gentleman.😃 You better invite me to a party to see it sooner or later.

Brian
Thanks Brian, I am still slapping myself in the face to see if I am awake or dreaming? I was told by my Ford Concierge that it is not all about money. There were a combination of factors that gets one approved. I have been told that I am a higher profile guy that gets my cars out in public for car shows, track days and charity events. Every where I go with a GT or Ford product I am politely interrupted during my day and asked information about the cool machine I am in. They ask if they can take pictures/ video and I let them sit in the car. I always go one step further by pulling the mom or dad aside when I see the joy or delight in a young ones face and tell the parent to call me when it is he or she's Birthday. Then if it is convenient and the weather will permit I will set up a time to come over to their house and give them a Birthday ride. It is about sharing what you have and giving enjoyment to others. :D
And Yes, there will be a big party. I am working closely with Robert McMann the General Manager at Phil Long Ford in putting together an unveiling party. When we know the new GT will be delivered we are going to pick a Saturday during good weather and use the new arrival as a public relations event. There will be vintage and late model Fords circling the 2020 GT as it is covered up. With free food, give aways, car show, bounce castles for the kids and a ceremonial unveiling of the 2020 GT helped presented by the Wounded Warriers and the Phil Long group it will be an unpresidented spectacular and fun day for the public!
I am truly honored and excited. We will be asking for all Ford enthouisest to participate and help out. Please do not hesitate to contact me.
Best regards, Rich Barnes The Mustang Ranch Golden, Colorado 303-931-5412

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado
Thanks for all the nice and great comments. As far as I am concerned, any one that took the time to apply and fill our Fords through application is well deserving of a car. Ford in their infinite wisdom has a vetting process. They want and care where their precious GT'S end up. Look at it this way, we are Ambassadors for Ford. They and we want to put the very best forward in placing the GT, even the 2005-06 in the hands of people that are not only going to take care of the LeMans winner but to show it off proudly and share it with the world. And you know what? ALL of us do! If Ford could they would put every applicant in a new Ford GT.(y)