I can't figure out how to post a pic from my desktop

ItsDocJim

Aug 12, 2017
I can't seem to figure out how to post a pic from my desk top. There is not a "paste" option and the pic was taken with my cell phone, so there is no URL either.

Also, how do I change my status from "member" to "owner"

Thanks in advance for all your help.

ItsDocJim

Aug 12, 2017
I just searched the forums and saw something about using Firefox instead of Explorer. I downloaded Firefox and tried that but same problem.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
I can't help you with the owner question, but I can with posting a picture from your desktop.
After you are logged in, there is a row of symbols and icons above your reply window. If you hover your pointer over these, it will give you info on what it is. The button just to the left of the smiley is insert image. When you click on it a small window pops up with drop image or click here. If you are familiar with how to drag and drop, just drag it from your desktop over the box. If not, when you press click here, a window will pop up showing your computer files where you select your desktop and then the image you want, press open at the bottom of your window and it should populate your post. You can also simply press the "Attach Files" button on the lower left corner of the reply box and the same box will appear showing the files on your computer. just go to where you have the picture, (desktop) and select picture and press open at the bottom of the window.
To check you have what you want, press preview before you post.

Last edited:

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Also, how do I change my status from "member" to "owner"

This is not something users can change. This is a moderator function only.

ItsDocJim

Aug 12, 2017

ItsDocJim

Aug 12, 2017
Thanks Apollo. It took about 8 tries of click and drag but it finally worked. Did the same thing I had been doing so don't quite know what I did different that time.

Spartan--Thanks for the info. I will contact a moderator to make the change.

Reactions: Apollo

ItsDocJim

Aug 12, 2017
Now I can't get it to work to start a thread to get feedback on the paint scheme.:cry: Just wish I knew what I did the time it worked. I got it to put in a link (in text form), but it would only work on my computer. I will keep trying.