Dose the mac hold more than one CD? I notice they say in owner,s guide
the other is single CD system.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Sorry, only one CD at a time. Mac sells a changer but you need a digital converter to go with it, so not much room for both. If you're small and don't need both seats all the way back, you might fit both behind each seat. Check out the Mac website, although they don't give you much on particulars on the radio.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I'm using a new toy in the GT. It's not great - but it's OK. It's a USB memory stick FM transmitter - so I've got a gig of albums, everything from the Yellow Jackets through to Steely Dan and it just plugs straight into the cigar lighter. An all in one unit.

http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/review/mp_308_car_usb_fm_transmitter_review

Don't buy one from the above link - you can find them for about $20.

Now this ain't exactly high fidelity and I have some understanding of the subject - but it's OK for having all your tunes at FM radio quality.

PS obviously don't use it with a card reader! A little USB stick is much neater.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Neil

I thought they were illegal in the UK.

Dave

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Neilda said:
I'm using a new toy in the GT. It's not great - but it's OK. It's a USB memory stick FM transmitter - so I've got a gig of albums, everything from the Yellow Jackets through to Steely Dan and it just plugs straight into the cigar lighter. An all in one unit.

http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/review/mp_308_car_usb_fm_transmitter_review

Don't buy one from the above link - you can find them for about $20.

Now this ain't exactly high fidelity and I have some understanding of the subject - but it's OK for having all your tunes at FM radio quality.

PS obviously don't use it with a card reader! A little USB stick is much neater.

Very slick, I learn so much from you folks, gotta do that. I hate those darn CD jewel cases all over the car. neat-oh :thumbsup

DeaconBlues

GT Owner
Feb 7, 2006
New Mexico
Very cool, Neil.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Dave, they are, of course, illegal in the UK.

I won't be using it. Honest.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Why would an FM transmitter be illegal? :ack

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
DBK said:
Why would an FM transmitter be illegal? :ack

Because its the UK. Any device that transmits is not legal unless used by the authorities.

But as Neil knows no one would ever use such a device, wink, wink, wink. Just like Sir Paul McCartney claiming never to smoke weed again after be caught.

Dave

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I believe it's something to do with the 1939 Wireless Act. There were some dreadful people with funny accents on the other side of the channel who had submarines, were nasty to the French and sent spies, all called 'Fritz', to move amongst the population - taking tea at the Savoy and watching us and reporting back. 'Zey are drinking ze tea und eating all ze crumpets'. That sort of thing.

It was updated in 1949 and the current act starts, and I kid you not:

BE IT ENACTED by the Queen's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:-

Charges for wireless telegraphy licences. 1. - (1) In this Act "wireless telegraphy licence" means any licence under the Wireless Telegraphy Act 1949 other than a television licence as defined in section 1(7) of that Act.

So any device would need me to go to Her Majesty and ask for a license to transmit the 2 feet to my radio in order to listen to 'smack my bitch up' or other popular tunes of the day.

DeaconBlues

GT Owner
Feb 7, 2006
New Mexico
Excellent.:rofl

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
If the European spec GT's came without radios, what did you put in place to fill the hole and speaker cutouts? Seems like you guys had the best of all worlds getting to pick exactly what kind of tunes you wanted.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I'm not really sure what happened with the UK radios - mine had one in it and it's not a Mackintosh (don't think so). It may be that mine is simply the standard US radio. The owners manual shows a different radio/CD player.

It wasn't a big issue when buying it, however I am glad I didn't get one with the subwoofer - but that was just luck of the draw.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The standard radios I believe are Sanyo units. I've never seen one other than pictures on this website.