Houston Track event in Nov '06

hboyle2003

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2006
OK, I saw a post some time back for a GT track event in Nov here in Houston but I can't find it now I have a GT.... Where is it???? :confused

Twice Bitten GT

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2006

hboyle2003

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2006
Thanks but it was a different post. The days were Nov 11 & 12 I think. Maybe I am dreaming....

Twice Bitten GT

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2006
Click on the first link. It is a open track event, but it is not just for GT's
http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11869

Last edited:

hboyle2003

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2006
That is the one. I signed up now I have to find a helmet here in Houston and figure out how to get the numbers on the car.

hboyle2003

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2006
My wife and I went to the event Saturday and had a great time. I was very challenged by the event but the car was not. I need a lot more track time to even qualify as a beginner. Some of those guys were very very good! The only thing that was kind of a pain was getting the brake fluid changed for the event as it had to be changed within 6 weeks of the event and my car was made in July. $387 worth of ouch for that task at the dealer (along with the other inspections that were required). Now my car is dirty and needs cleaning again. Oh well, it was fun. I look forward to next year.

Twice Bitten GT

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2006
It was great meeting you at the track Saturday. I hope you had as much fun as I did. Just watch the SCMC forum and they can keep you busy with local open track events :cheers I am sure I could squeeze another event in this year :biggrin , after I remove all of the road grime and mud from the car :bored . If you had fun at MSR Houston, you really need to go to Texas World Speedway and run it clockwise. You will really know what your car was made to do :thumbsup :eek

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10750&highlight=2006+track+events

kosupply

GT Owner/Board of Directors
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston
You guys can go anytime with me to the track as I am a member. They are having more scheduled events on the weekends so I have been going during the week.