Hey guys

CHAD

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Just wanted to introduce myself. I just bought a Black with Silver stripe GT last night and will be receiving it tomorrow. Looking forward to hitting the track Sunday to see what it runs stock. Then come the mods.

You may notice in my sig that I also have a Viper which is a big power twin turbo car built by Heffner Performance in Sarasota, FL (formerly in Baltimore). It will be fun to compare the two beasts.

See you out there,

Chad

Last edited:

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Concerning the viper, what size turbos, how much boost, what kind of fuel, traction control, sorry if i am to nosey, just very interested.
thanks in advance

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
You must be Chad Williams with "the viper"?

Welcome aboard.

CHAD

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Sarasota, FL
That's me. The car has big turbos and runs on C-16 at the track. It did run 8.48 at 166 on pump gas and radials, however.

Tom B

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 1, 2005
Fallston, MD
Hello Chad

Welcome to the Ford GT world. I'm a friend of Jason's, from Maryland. I spoke with Jason yesteday, he mentioned you guys were trying to make a deal on a GT. My GT is headed down to Jason next week for a little work.

Tom B

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Welcome to the site Chad. Congrats on the car.

I'm afraid it probably won't feel very fast next to the TT :lol

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Hi from London Chad and congratulations on the car... I've not heard of Heffner Performance apart from in some really old copies of Playboy... :wink

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
CHAD said:
That's me. The car has big turbos and runs on C-16 at the track. It did run 8.48 at 166 on pump gas and radials, however.

hmmm.....what size turbos are going on the GT? :biggrin

Pipelion

Chad,

Congrats on the GT.

WOW 166mph WOW That's one fast car!!!!!!!

Allan

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Chad

Nice to have a star in the group. Just saw the new Hot Rod. 7.99 at 177. Man, that's fast. When you drove (which sounds like it had some additional excitement), did you feel like it was fun, or more of a "hold on for dear life". :eek

CHAD

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Sarasota, FL
It's a rush and fun during the event, but before and during the pass is all serious. I stopped driving the car in competition a few months ago and now watch it run which is a new twist.

Pipelion

Sub. 8s @ 177............................................insane!

Allan

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Welcom Chad, off the cuff, it appears that for some reason many GT owners are current or past Viper owners. Makes me feel like I have been missing something. Curious what mods you have planned for the GT.

CHAD

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Sarasota, FL
bony said:
Welcom Chad, off the cuff, it appears that for some reason many GT owners are current or past Viper owners. Makes me feel like I have been missing something. Curious what mods you have planned for the GT.

All of them.

I just have to say, this is a GREAT car.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Welcome Chad !

I think you might want to liase with Piko06 here, he is from northern Florida and is the most advanced in powerplanting the GT into something I guess will be to your 'gusto'.. Wheelie with a Viper, you guiys are nuts ! :willy

cheers,

stefan

PS To tha Boyz here:
In the April '06 edition, page 36, there is a picture of a Viper wheels up. It tells the story of Chad Williams running a 7.99 with a TH400 tranny. Actually it says that Jason Heffner was behind the wheel on the second pass 7.99 @ 177mph. Fastest ever pass for a street-driven Viper. Then it sounds as if electrical problems kept it from making another pass at the V-10 Nationals at Bradenton.

ART T

GT Owner
Nov 21, 2005
Healdsburg, CA,
Welcome

Welcome to the Group.....and another South FL GT... BRAVO :thumbsup

Art

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
Talked to Jason Sunday night after you went to the track, I got the impression the clutch got hot on you?
In my opinion once that happens you might as well hang it up. The first time I took mine out I pulled the air cleaners and left them at home and the car would barely run, kept stalling, got a check engine light and ran a best of 12.2 at 119. The next weekend just reinstalled the stock filters and ran consistent 11.5 11.6 126 to 127 mph until I slipped the clutch one time and I was done because the clutch is not forgiving. I would say that is baseline times for a stocker, but knowing you boys as I do I would say that those mph I ran in the 1/4 will resemble your 1/8 mile trap speeds when you get started modifing.
Chad good luck to you and Jason with that GT and I am looking forward to hearing from Jason about the mods as I ready myself for a little fun!
Jamie

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Chad congrats on your new ride! I think there is a lot of us Viper owners with GT's. I also have a black GT but I have no stripes.

CHAD

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Thanks Black GT.

Jamie, I ran my first pass hot and blew right through the clutch. Second pass I let it cool for 2-1/2 hours and had a good sixty (1.82) but missed 2nd. It is a tricky car because the tranny needs to be warm and the clutch cold. I'm going to try to get out tonight and practice some more.

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Never had a ford till now?

Hi,Yea have had 4 vipers still have two.Just got all black GT,All my cars have been black.Still to cold out here on cape cod,mass to play.Cant wait.