Hey! Florida guys! (Others too, I'd imagine...)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Want a "free" Benz? A Florida bank is offering one with new $1M account!

How much FINE PRINT do you suppose is involved???! :facepalm: I didn't bother to read the darn thing ('can't even tell ya the bank's name), but my guess is, at the very least, the bank won't be paying any INTEREST to the a/c holder...and the "C.D." you'll have to open will probably be a TEN YEAR! :lol)

"I be thinkin'" this bank must employ the same ad boys as the Ford dealer with the $3M FGT(?). :biggrin

Who would go for something like this?

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/05/01/florida-bank-offers-free-benz-with-new-1m-account/

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Bad, deal, the rate of return is bad given you don't have FDIC coverage for the bulk of the money. Banks do go bankrupt!

Open a five-year CD of at least $1 million at C1 Bank (formerly Community Bank) and you'll have your choice of a 2012 SLK350 Roadster, E350 Sedan, ML350 or an E350 Cabriolet. And, as a further bonus, your new car will come with tags, title, license and taxes all paid.

Small print? Oh, you betcha. First, you're limited to two vehicles per household. Second, unlike most CDs, at the end of its five-year life, you will cash out for exactly what you put in. Basically, you're letting the bank hang on to your $1 million for five years in return for that $60k-ish Mercedes you're driving. Instead of 1.2-percent APR you would normally collect at the end of the CD's life, you're getting a car up front.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Now you know why I didn't bother to look all that up! 'Looks like the only thing I 'blew' was the 5 yr vs. 10 yr cert business!!!