Heritage Numbers

bmoullet

GT Owner
Apr 19, 2006
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
As many of you know, Ford is asking $1800 per set for the Heritage number sets. I am working with a local company to reproduce the numbers. We have located the exact 3M material used and are working to duplicate the font size for the numbers. The cost is shaping up to be about $360 per set (3 large number sheets, 1 small number sheet). If there is enough interest, I can see if they would be willing to give a better price for volume and sell directly to others. To date they are doing a one off as a favor for me and our company. Let me know if interest exists or if one of you already have a better angle on replacement sets.:cheers

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Shop around, that sounds high. Any Sign company can make the numbers for you cheaper. TGH

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
Signs

Not only are there companies that make signs cheaper, they also make "static cling" ones that will be easy to remove if you feel the need.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Steve 592 just ran off a bunch of sets for some Forum members. See his old posts.

H

HHGT

Steve 592 just ran off a bunch of sets for some Forum members. See his old posts.

I think that was DPGT:thumbsup

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
oh well it was good while it lasted. Yes the number are expensive from ford. 360 is probably close for a complete number set. But roundel sets with numbers at a higher quality than factory can be done for less. What they went for exactly a few months ago I have forgotten but if there is interest we can run another run.

We also did removable sets out of the material they use for wrapping buses and such. Better, stronger, holds at speed and best of all truly reuseable. Not static cling ... but better overall and will not damage paint.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Materials used by sign companys can be of different strengths for lastability. Cling on's for 6mo,1yr,2yrs ect. Check around with sign companys. TGH

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Numbers

I strongly recommend getting the local sign shop do your numbers. Get the best, longest lasting vinyl they have. I have a vinyl plotter/cutter and would not attempt to do this. There are compound curves on the GT that are very difficult to work. Air bubbles and 'stretch' are a nightmare. :ack Just my .02.

Gordo.