Here's a Suggestion on Removal of Hideous Air Bag Warning Stickers on the Sun Visors

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Rotate the visor down, place a large towel on your lap, drip small amounts of 3M General Purpose Adhesive Remover on the top edge of the label, wait a few seconds, then slowly and gently start to peel the label downward. It will loosen 1/2" or so at a time so reapply the adhesive remover several times. Don't overdo it, it only takes a few drops each time you apply it. Dab the sunvisor where the label has been removed with a terry cloth towel to soak up any absorbed liquid. A small amount of dye will be evident on the towel but it is negligible and in no way visible. In the end the visor will look super clean.

Now if only I could come up with a simple to get rid of that hideous looking boom box (Macintosh amp/sub) that keeps me up at night. What was Ford thinking on that one? Totally FN Ridiculous!

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Here's an engine cover

ACRJoe said:
Rotate the visor down, place a large towel on your lap, drip small amounts of 3M General Purpose Adhesive Remover on the top edge of the label, wait a few seconds, then slowly and gently start to peel the label downward. It will loosen 1/2" or so at a time so reapply the adhesive remover several times. Don't overdo it, it only takes a few drops each time you apply it. Dab the sunvisor where the label has been removed with a terry cloth towel to soak up any absorbed liquid. A small amount of dye will be evident on the towel but it is negligible and in no way visible. In the end the visor will look super clean.

Now if only I could come up with a simple to get rid of that hideous looking boom box (Macintosh amp/sub) that keeps me up at night. What was Ford thinking on that one? Totally FN Ridiculous!

ACRJoe,

I am finishing up a system and have an image of the prototype:
Clear%20engine%20access%20cover1small.jpg

The new cover is thicker material which got rid of an annoying resonance!. The also uses my new one-piece gasket.

Jay
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Looking better Jay - will the cover be ready for X-mas this year?

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
MAD,

Yes! I just installed my new 3/8" thick Lexan plate and it works much better than the first prototype! The car is much quieter inside. I am trying to get my machine shop to make the new production bezel out of aluminum, magnesium or a tough and good looking polymer.

The production version of the clear plate will probably be a specially laminated piece of Lexan with a scratch resistance material on each side of it.

Will keep you posted, Jay
MAD IN NC said:
Looking better Jay - will the cover be ready for X-mas this year?