Heratige Paint

ART T

GT Owner
Nov 21, 2005
Healdsburg, CA,
Hi All,

I am a new member to the forum, I am trying to find a 2006 with the Sky blue and Marigold paint scheme. Has anyone actually seen one yet?

Beyond this, I have been looking on ebay to find a car. I have found that you can actually find 2005s selling at or behind MSRP and were I a sane person, I would order a pre-june car for a reasonable price.

Unfortunatly, buying a car like this assures you of a certain lack of sanity to begin with. I am hoping that a HAPPY GT Owner will turn me on to a good dealer that can be reasoned with.

Like many I feel like Ive been cheated and lied too by uneducated and/or greedy ford dealers.

Any suggestions would be welcomed, so I can have the car to go with the forum.

Sincerely,

Art T.

neilhellr

GT Owner
Oct 14, 2005
Central IL
Hey Art,
The way I understand it, there will be 100 Heritage edition cars. I don't believe that there are any Heritage cars in Dealers of Private hands yet, however I could be wrong. I have seen the car in person, as one drove past my dealership and stopped in to say hello. My Heritage car was due to be on the ground here at the store on 9/26, but as of yet, I have not seen the car. I'm hoping to be able to post pictures and tell you that I have one of the very first Heritage GT's to hit the ground any day! Good luck in your pursuit and if there is anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to ask.

-Neil
Heritage 0009

HJP

GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 13, 2005
Chicago
neilhellr said:
Hey Art,
The way I understand it, there will be 100 Heritage edition cars. I don't believe that there are any Heritage cars in Dealers of Private hands yet, however I could be wrong. I have seen the car in person, as one drove past my dealership and stopped in to say hello. My Heritage car was due to be on the ground here at the store on 9/26, but as of yet, I have not seen the car. I'm hoping to be able to post pictures and tell you that I have one of the very first Heritage GT's to hit the ground any day! Good luck in your pursuit and if there is anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to ask.

-Neil
Heritage 0009

Hi Neil,

I'm surprised it hasn't arrived yet. I wonder if all the projected dates are off for 2006 production to date? I am waiting to hear when build and delivery are expected. I would think you will be one of the first to take delivery of an 06, given your "double O 9 " - bond like VIN.

:cheers
PMC
Tungsten 395

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Actually the heritage paint can be done on 10% of the 06' run. That means that if they do 2000 cars for 06' then 200 cars can be done in Heritage...now each month there is an allocation if they fill it and there are more than they have allocated then you must pick a different color.

I have mine ordered and don't have a vin yet but its in the system and my name be by the order number :)

Hopefully soon I will know when its coming.

WOOHOOO...My guess is that with the limited number of dealers willing to order a car for someone you are going to see a very limited number of Heritage cars...I would bet no more than 50.

matt :banana

neilhellr

GT Owner
Oct 14, 2005
Central IL
PMC,
Any word on Vin Number or Build Date yet? I would have thought the car would be here by now (especially with the early Dealer ETA of 9/26) but as of today, still no car. I was told by Ford "that the plant is running on average three months behind". I do know for a fact that my car is produced and sitting there just waiting to be shipped. Would be nice if I could just go pick it up!

On another note, I was under the impression that initially the commodities for the heritage pkg. were 10%. I was told that they then reduced this number to only 100 cars. I don't know which is the case, but this is what I was told by Ford.

-Neil
Heritage 0009

HJP

GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 13, 2005
Chicago
neilhellr said:
PMC,
Any word on Vin Number or Build Date yet? I would have thought the car would be here by now (especially with the early Dealer ETA of 9/26) but as of today, still no car. I was told by Ford "that the plant is running on average three months behind". I do know for a fact that my car is produced and sitting there just waiting to be shipped. Would be nice if I could just go pick it up!

On another note, I was under the impression that initially the commodities for the heritage pkg. were 10%. I was told that they then reduced this number to only 100 cars. I don't know which is the case, but this is what I was told by Ford.

-Neil
Heritage 0009

Neil,

I just recent received it. #395, I'm not sure about production and delivery yet but I have a good idea, however, the 3 months behind comment worries me. i'll PM you some thoughts I have.

It would be nice to just go get it. The waiting is the hardest part.

I do believe the Heritage was the right call. Very tempting, perhaps I should have ordered it. It will clearly be very limited, I would say their won't be more than 150 made, and quite possibly less.

all the best, have a wonderful hoilday

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
PMC said:
Neil,

I just recent received it. #395, I'm not sure about production and delivery yet but I have a good idea, however, the 3 months behind comment worries me. i'll PM you some thoughts I have.

It would be nice to just go get it. The waiting is the hardest part.

I do believe the Heritage was the right call. Very tempting, perhaps I should have ordered it. It will clearly be very limited, I would say their won't be more than 150 made, and quite possibly less.

all the best, have a wonderful hoilday

post some tungsten pics then ! We all are waiting for that one, buddy !

HJP

GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 13, 2005
Chicago
I look forward to being able to do that.

For now, I wait.

Papethova

Nov 15, 2005
I just saw a Heritage GT at my local dealer last night. It looks better than I thought, my sister really liked it. They tried to open the door so I could get in but the battery was dead, dealer said there is no manual over ride. The car had aftermarket wheels with orange accents in between the spokes.

BTW this is in So Cal.

HJP

GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 13, 2005
Chicago
Really, where is the key hole?

I was at a local dealer and neither the dealer or I could find it. We opened the bonnet and put a charge on the battery and bingo we were in.

Never thought to look in the manual. The only key hole I could find was to unlock the hood/bonnet.

Of course I don't have mine yet

ART T

GT Owner
Nov 21, 2005
Healdsburg, CA,
As the starter of the thread, I want you all to know that I am weak and caved. I allowed the $29,411.00 I just saved in buying a new 2005, in red from a local dealer.

I offered the GM, MSRP on a new 2006 with the heratige package.....He said I have this brand new 2005 with everything but the center stripes. Make me an offer....I made a very silly offer and I seem to be taking delivery of the car tommorow.

Looks like I will have to do a homage with the 1966 Lemans "rabbit" car #3 that Dan Gurney drove. Look forward to being part of the online GT community.

Art

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
Art are you saying they sold you one for 149k?
if so awesome deal!

Papethova

Nov 15, 2005
centerpunch said:
As usual, the dealer knows less about the car than even us non-owners.

If the battery is dead, you can open the driver's side door with the key.

I pointed to the keyhole and told him that there must be a manual override like in the GTS. He told me no, I even asked why would they have a keyhole if you can only get in electronically.

This guy was a piece of work, he commented on a "NOS" tank on the floorboard of another car, I glanced in and it was a red fire extinguisher with a BRIGHT yellow pin glaring back at me. He also told me they have $500 million in cars in their showcase, HAHAHAAA. They had 3 GTs, an XJ220, 6 or so Vanquishes and the rest was just random classics, Id guess hard pressed to even get to 50 million.

HJP

GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 13, 2005
Chicago
centerpunch said:
Turn key counterclockwise.

I'm amazed. I swear I did not find that on the car I was playing with. and of course the dealer had little to no knowledge about the car. He's still asking over $200K for an late 2005.

Thanks Centerpunch.

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
I heard 300-400 production on the heritage paint scheme. I personally wouldn't buy the heritage yet, all the dealers think its Gold Plated or something give it a little time and they will sell them at MSRP. The color may not be as popular as they think it is.

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
I've heard only certain VIN's are allowed to be heritage, and only a certain amount are released (I'd assume monthly) between now and mid-august.

Between the people on this board and ebay I've seen/know of 5 heritage cars so far. And I believe we are right there or already past 2006 VIN # 500.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Its really an unknown how many Heritage there will be. If you go back and do a seach there is the post with the direct information on the 06' allocation from Ford. They have allocated 10% of the production run for 06' can be done in Heritage but that doesn't mean that if they get a big order one month and a small order for them the next month they will allow some to roll over...if they have more than 10% ordered in one month then they will tell those unlucky people that don't get one to order a different color.

My guess is you are looking at a run of equal to or less than yellow and they only did ~90 cars in that color.

matt

patelr

Dec 17, 2005
Chicago
The New 2006 Ford Gt Heritage Scheduled To Arrive December 25th. 1 Of 200 Made. This Is Your Chance To Get A Brand New Heritage Gt. MSRP Of $167,595. Call At 847-875-8904 Or 847-366-9748 Or 708-417-6154. First Reasonable Offer Will Be Accepted.

Ricky Patel
Brian Kosanovich
Ron Staiger

Chicago, IL

patelr@autonation.com
kosanovichb@autonation.com
staigerr@autonation.com

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Cars sold if you'll take 170 for it. You'll get a phone call in a moment.

Steve T

GT Owner
Sep 9, 2005
Texas
50 BMG - Did they take the offer? :confused

2005 Ford GT #1688 Silver/Black Stripes
—————————————————————————————————
Our other cars: 2006 Z06 DSOM / 2006 CLS55 Silver / 2005 SL65 Pewter / 2005 G55 Graphite / 2005 SSR Silver / 2005 MazdaSpeed Miata Red / 2004 Gallardo Yellow / 2004 NSX Black / 2002 Candy Red Prowler + 2001 Orange Prowler + 2001 Silver Prowler + 1999 Yellow Prowler / 2002 35th Anniversary Camaro SS Convertible / 1970 Black Chevy SWB Pick up / 1969 Garnet Red Camaro SS 350 / 1969 Chevelle SS 396 / 1969 Impala SS 427 / 1968 Chevy Step Side Truck L98/700r4 / 1967 Hugger Orange Camaro 400 / 1966 GTO / 1955 Yellow Chevrolet Truck / 1934 Ford Sedan / 1930 Ford Hiboy Coupe 302 5spd