Help needed with Ford GT Hub Assy.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Like a hub should cost more than $90? Really?

BTW, if you search for these hubs on the web, some sites list them as front only. This is wrong. All four hubs are the same.

I can't imagine there is a high failure rate.
For a car that costs $3000 for a headlight, $2000 for a taillight, etc., this really is bargain basement.

Are these made in China?

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
No, they are Timken. They are the supplier for many OEM parts. Its good to see top notch suppliers add GT parts to the catalog.

And the price is very similar to the Explorer hubs which while not exactly the same are VERY similar.

I suspect you will see many more parts becoming available in the aftermarket from the OEM suppliers as Ford releases them from their non-compete clauses on the OEM parts.

Last edited:

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I just hope that includes the body parts, e.g, headlights, fenders, etc.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Trust me, Rock Auto and other sellers cannot sell you a hub for a GT for under $90.00. let's put it this way, they could actually sell you a hub for about $40.00 if Ford let them. I spoke with the direct manufacturer that makes that hub for Timken under the Timkem name and they cannot sell it to Timken anymore or anyone other than to Ford. I'd like to know why Ford dealer cost on the GT hub was $235.00 and went to $555.00 when the same manufacturer still makes them for Ford?

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
You know, if I actually needed a pair of hubs, I'd order the Timken hubs which ARE now in stock by the way, I called and verified. If they turned out to be the wrong part, Rock Auto will take them back at their expense and I'd be out nothing to try. $200 for a name brand replacements or $1100 for a pair with a Ford logo on the box. I'd be willing to give ordering them a try. Further search shows the Timken part is now available from Napa and O'reilly as well. Guess they all are mistaken. The Timken catalog even shows it as a direct replacement for the ford part number. Detail pics from multiple angles of the actual part sure look correct too.

I don't need any and am not going to order parts I don't need. Was just trying to offer info for folks looking for them. Do what you feel necessary. I was not trying to take away anyones livelyhood, just help a community of like car owners.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
no worry not affecting me. I tried to order hubs from Rock Auto today and Napa last Friday and while the Timken number is a good number, they both cancelled the order and said not available. I truely wish they were available for all to purchase thru the after market because I think the Ford pricing is ridiculous. a freind of mine has hubs made for his kit car company and they are $35.00 ea. with splined hubs in quantities of 50 at a time so it can be done at a reasonable price. if you find any available in the after market, PLEASE let me know! thanks for the update

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Trust me, Rock Auto and other sellers cannot sell you a hub for a GT for under $90.00. let's put it this way, they could actually sell you a hub for about $40.00 if Ford let them. I spoke with the direct manufacturer that makes that hub for Timken under the Timkem name and they cannot sell it to Timken anymore or anyone other than to Ford. I'd like to know why Ford dealer cost on the GT hub was $235.00 and went to $555.00 when the same manufacturer still makes them for Ford?

So if Timken is selling a part manufactured by someone else (ManufacturerX) that was sold to both Ford and Timken, and ManufacturerX is no longer allowed by Ford to sell to Timken, then this may be a situation where Timken has a certain inventory of these parts, and knowing their source has dried up will sell them out of inventory until stock is depeleted. Then we'll be right back where we started - Ford is the only source at a very high price. But that said, Timken may be selling way below cost if they know they can't get any more. Why wast inventory space?

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
I found the hub thing very strange. Ford was out of stock for about 1 1/2 years and then when they came back, that's when the price went nuts. I'm thinking you are right that Timken was selling them too to the after markets and everyone ran out including Ford. being a Ford supplier, you have to play by their rules or they will find someone else to make parts especially when you are possibly makeing several SKUs for an OEM at the same time. don't bite the proverbial hand that feeds you as they say!

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
The bearing is no longer avalible on the Rockauto site (or anywhere else):confused:frown

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I just had one fail. I can’t find the Timiken part anywhere. Northwood mentioned rebuilding. The ford part is now $1,100. Any ideas?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
$85 to $1100?

Damn.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

$117.50 USD shipped free

Unless I am missing something. 🤔

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX

$117.50 USD shipped free

Unless I am missing something. 🤔
Thanks, I placed an order with a different Canadian parts house yesterday that said they were in stock, received an email later in the day that they were out of stock and they cancelled the order.

I placed an order here. If they have inventory I’ll let you know. If not calling Timken tomorrow.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I pulled the earlier email, this was the place that cancelled the order. The price went up slightly, maybe they found some. Otherwise I can’t find this part # anywhere.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
The Wrench Monkey was the place that canceled?

Maybe just tell them you will pay their ADM.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Dear Chris,

The Timken HA590342 you ordered is not in stock unfortunately, and and we are unable to source it at this time.

Since we are unable to source the part, we have cancelled your order.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Thank you,
The Wrench Monkey Team
service@thewrenchmonkey.com
1-888-907-8088

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I will be honest. It looks like a part that should be more expensive than $150. I am surprised it was ever that affordable.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Unobtainium unless you want to go for the Ford part

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I am to the point where I am just happy when the part is available.

At least we aren't paying nose-bleed F-car prices for parts etc.

Oh wait. You might be if you buy a Spyker. ;)

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Ford 4G7Z-1104-AA
4G7Z-1104-AA
Hub Assy - Wheel

• Require Quantity:
  • Package Quantity:
  • Base Number:
  • Callout Name:
$1969.09$1212.96