Help from the Corvette experts

crazy cuban4

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2010
Cortez, FL
I am looking at a 54 Corvette. The car is not running in its current state. The only thing missing is the cloth top. It has everything. Its white with white interior. What would be a fair price?

Thanks for any help.

Wil

DanielJ

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2010
Washington State
Are you looking for a car that is correct? Is the frame for soft top with the car? In '54, there were two color choices for interior; Beige or Red. Lots of good Corvette people in FL. Ask the local club to hook you up with a NCRS expert for value.

H

HHGT

$25K in this market. It will cost you nearly $50K to get it done right and you will end up with a car worth $75K. BTW, they are not comfortable to drive so make sure that you fit. Good luck.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Go to http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1-and-c2-corvettes-4/ C1- C2 section and start your search there as I've seen quite a few people on that forum that know everything on the early C1's....

It's probably a member on that site selling the car.

Good luck and to the earlier HHGT post - the solid axle cars are not comfortable..........
that is why I went for the '65 when it came to me.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Agree on going to C1C2 forums. Those guys live and breath those cars. Also agree the early Vettes drive like sh$t but look neat. In recent years the 54s have dropped a lot in price and are considered by some the red headed step child to the low production 1st year 53s. Can find good 54s in $70s