Help Finding Headers & Exhaust

Mar 15, 2006
Does anyone know where I can find a GT header kit or muffler kit that is in stock and ready to ship? I tried ordering thru a Ford dealer and was told I would have to wait til end of April. Thanks for your help!

AMER SPD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
SPANK GT said:
Does anyone know where I can find a GT header kit or muffler kit that is in stock and ready to ship? I tried ordering thru a Ford dealer and was told I would have to wait til end of April. Thanks for your help!

Call Jack at Muscle Motors 1-818-888-7778. I know he normally stocks the muffler. They're located in CA and also one of our Forum Sponsors.

Great people to deal with.

lthlvpr

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
I am as inpatient as anyone when it comes to customizing my cars, but I might encourage some of you to hold off until more options become available.

For example, the Ford Racing muffler still weighs a ton, does not sound much more aggressive, and generates a fair amount heat to the airbox and engine compartment. Not to mention the expense.

I think you will find some aftermarket manufacturers offering more options that sound better, weigh much less, and take heat out of the engine compartment. With competition, the prices will drop considerably which is another plus...

Patience may pay off in the long run.....

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
lthlvpr said:
I am as inpatient as anyone when it comes to customizing my cars, but I might encourage some of you to hold off until more options become available.

For example, the Ford Racing muffler still weighs a ton, does not sound much more aggressive, and generates a fair amount heat to the airbox and engine compartment. Not to mention the expense.

I think you will find some aftermarket manufacturers offering more options that sound better, weigh much less, and take heat out of the engine compartment. With competition, the prices will drop considerably which is another plus...

Patience may pay off in the long run.....

That's too logical. We all live on emotional buys.

Dave

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Dont they have a rear exhaust header that bypasses a muffler? That would reduce a lot of heat and weight. Anyone heard it in person? Wondering how loud it is. :confused

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
Call stainless works.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Dont they have a rear exhaust header that bypasses a muffler? That would reduce a lot of heat and weight. Anyone heard it in person? Wondering how loud it is.

Mark,

I think that this would be way too loud. It may be different if the exhaust was feeding through a couple of turbos and then cats, but headers straight out would be brutally loud.

Bman33

GT Owner
Feb 22, 2006
Miami
satx said:
Call stainless works.

I Agree!

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
ROCMAN said:
Dont they have a rear exhaust header that bypasses a muffler? That would reduce a lot of heat and weight. Anyone heard it in person? Wondering how loud it is. :confused

Please check out the NEW EXHAUST THREAD. will answer all your questions in regards to the exhaust. The stock exhaust weighs 62 pounds.. Ida Automotive (NJ) has come up with a cool idea.

Good Luck

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
nota4re said:
Mark,

I think that this would be way too loud. It may be different if the exhaust was feeding through a couple of turbos and then cats, but headers straight out would be brutally loud.
HAHA! You should hear my Vette.
I'll call you later this week. Maybe we can work out something on Saturday if your free. I really want to check out your shop. :biggrin

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Bman33 said:

+34,221

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Mark,

Super. I'm planning on being around Saturday. A buddy of mine got the '06 Z06 and I've done a little work on it. Nice car. BTW, I'd be happy to install the transaxle cooler for you at some future point. I think we should put these on before we see the hot summertime temps.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Kendall,
Yes, the C6Z is nice. I have a poor old 04 C5Z, but it's blown, customized, and LOUD! I also got a Tein bov, and it is Loud as hell, but it is very amusing when driving next to a ricer. :biggrin