Hello from MN

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Short time lurker, first time poster!

Ive been reading like mad on this site for the past week or so. I did the best thing I could do hook myself in: I went to see Shelby. He had 7 GTs in the showroom and I was in love. He gave me quite an education. Thanks Shelby!

It seems I'm partial to the Tungsten (with stripe) color but white and red are nice too.

Just wanted to say hello and ask a few questions for any local MN owners:

1) Where do you guys take your cars for service? Is there a good local dealer or private mechanic that you guys use in the cities?

2) Anyone local willing to meet and talk / answer questions about their GTs?

Thanks! It seems like this is a great forum and I hope to have an FGT in the garage in the coming months.

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
Buy one. Service is really not a huge concern, It's a Ford.
These cars are not a high maintence type of car, things like oil changes can be taken care of by the owner, Buying one from Shelby you wont have to worry about anything, just get it and drive it. When you have questions there will be several members here that will be more then happy to help.
pick the color that you like and enjoy.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Service is really not a huge concern, It's a Ford.
These cars are not a high maintenance type of car

Understood, thats why Im shying away from Fcars. But when I DO need something, Im wondering whats available locally. Thanks.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Guys, chime in here and help our potential new brother out. If there are any owners in the MN area, he would love to take a car for a short drive if anyone is willing to do that. Lets help this guy get a car!!!

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
I wish I could but both cars are in CA. currently.... I got one of mine from Monticello Ford, but that place is no longer around.

Button

Jul 11, 2009
Iowa
There are a number of GT's around the twin cities area. I think you can do a search in the registry and find one in your area. Glad you're around! How about this recent weather??

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Always liked the part where the dealer doesn't let anyone test drive, but then you pretty much know what to expect anyway.

Then you buy it, drive it, and it blows away all your expectations.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Test drive.

Guys, chime in here and help our potential new brother out. If there are any owners in the MN area, he would love to take a car for a short drive if anyone is willing to do that. Lets help this guy get a car!!!

Shelby,

How come he didn't drive one when he was at your shop? :confused. Insurance?

Chip

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Shelby,

How come he didn't drive one when he was at your shop? :confused. Insurance?

Chip

That is correct. In the type of cars we deal, there are different packages you can get with insurance. As we normally never even meet about 95% of our customers, there is no point in paying the extra money (BIG MONEY) to have the policy that covers test drives in these types of cars. I did take him on a nice ride though. He got the idea, I assure you. :biggrin

The way we normally work around this issue on the very rare occassion that we have a customer that wants to drive BEFORE they buy...., the customer can come with a cashiers check and hand it to us. In return, they are welcome to go on a 15 minute test drive. If they decide they dont like it, we will gladly hand the cashiers check back to the customer and they are not obligated in any way to buy (unless they hurt my car :eek )
This is the only true way we are covered, and I dont have to tell you guys how often the cars are wrecked. Thats the last thing I want to be a part of...

DanM

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 31, 2006
Stillwater, MN
Twin cities gt

Jason

There are at least 10 GTs at last count. 4 in stillwater. 3 south metro and 3 I have seen at cars and coffee first of the month. I usually go to the Shelby event at apple valley ford in June. Always a few GTs and that is where most get service and mods. With our well know autodealer probably heading to prison in addition to bankruptcy there are less dealers in town. If you want to drive one. Send me a pm. Or search cars and coffee twin cities. I sometimes bring my KR instead to these shows

Dan

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
The way we normally work around this issue on the very rare occassion that we have a customer that wants to drive BEFORE they buy...., the customer can come with a cashiers check and hand it to us. In return, they are welcome to go on a 15 minute test drive. If they decide they dont like it, we will gladly hand the cashiers check back to the customer and they are not obligated in any way to buy....

Very smart and wise policy - and in virtually all cases, not only covers your vehicles, but also limits the buyers to genuinely interested customers, if even necessary. The car being new, I bought mine over the telephone as I didn't need a test drive to know that I wanted to own it.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
The Test Drive.

The way we normally work around this issue on the very rare occassion that we have a customer that wants to drive BEFORE they buy...., the customer can come with a cashiers check and hand it to us. In return, they are welcome to go on a 15 minute test drive. If they decide they dont like it, we will gladly hand the cashiers check back to the customer and they are not obligated in any way to buy (unless they hurt my car :eek )
This is the only true way we are covered, and I dont have to tell you guys how often the cars are wrecked. Thats the last thing I want to be a part of...

I see. Probably a good policy. When I attempted to test drive my GT I had two injury accidents before I even started the car. :willy

Chip

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
I see. Probably a good policy. When I attempted to test drive my GT I had two injury accidents before I even started the car. :willy

Chip

And the old adage, "Love Hurts" took on a literal meaning for Chip...
:lol

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Thanks guys! PMs sent.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Hey Guys. Still hoping to hear from a few other MN folks. Anyone out there?

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
If you want to drive one. Send me a pm.

PM Sent! Thanks.

GordonWolf

Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 26, 2006
Las Vegas
PM Sent! Thanks.

Hey, I'm from minnetonka... however, I live in las vegas mostly.
Dan is a great guy if you're into plumbing salesmen...:lol
Cheers to you Dan.
Seriously, just buy the car and never look back! :thumbsup

DanM

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 31, 2006
Stillwater, MN
Plumbing sales!

Yes. We make valves but cool ones like Olympic torches for winter 2010. Gordon good to hear from you. I agree buy the car