Heli Sking and apre sking (where is the best MM Manhattan in Canada) :)

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Anyone have any comments about companies or locations for this.

Right now I am looking at CMH. They fly out of area's around Baniff Canada. I have been to Baniff and know the mountains are big.

With the rise of the dollar it looks more in reach this year.

Any info greatly appreciated.

THX.

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
I went to Mike Weigel's (spelling?) resort a while back. Tha place was amazing. I think they are in Jasper.

Edit: website, http://www.wiegele.com/

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Thanks for the info.

I am also considering that property. I saw his place on atv show it looks great.

the CMH lodges look alot more remote than the Weigle camp, i don't really see where that is a plus or minus right now.

thanks for the help for sure.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
First, it's BANFF. And the entire BC and Alberta Rocky Mountain Range is great! It's an AMAZING place to ski!! For Heli Skiing, Mike Weigele is the king here in Alberta and BC. Amazing resorts, amazing vertical and great rental skis. I'm pretty sure that they are also now demoing skis made by a buddy of mine, DeCosse Customs. Awesome skis. Hope they've got them for this year.

CMH is also a great outfit.

Have you been heli skiing before? I only ask as you may find that cat skiing is a far more cost effective method. It's not quite the same, but dayum, it ain't bad either. And if you get a day of massive powder, you're going to be pretty beat after just a few runs anyway.

All the mountains are awesome for whichever way you choose. Weigele is near Jasper, CMH is near Banff. If you're looking for Apres ski stuff too, Banff (I hate to admit it since I'm closer to Jasper) is probably better. Calgary is closer to Banff too (only an hour vs. 3.5 hours from Edmonton to Jasper). And Banff has more nearby choices if you want to do some lift skiing (Kananaskis, Sunshine, Norquay and Lake Louise are all very close lift mountains, and all have amazing groomed and back country skiing).

You should definately come out. You'll LOVE it!!!

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
For the Record I only drink MM neat.

What is a mm Manhattan? My post was hacked by BONY FIFE.

Anybody else have any Heli skiing info.

Thanks guys!!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
MM= MAKER MARK MANHATTAN
The drink of choice of BONY FIFE :)

avant

GT Owner
Apr 22, 2007
calgary, canada
Heli

Yep I've been, it's top notch. Also check out Mica Heli Tours. For cat skiing go to Island lake lodge or Chatter Creek