Heat Shield

futuregtowner

Sep 16, 2006
SE Arizona
Very well-said.............

Kudos to Red Rocket! :banana

He said, "I just go ahead and do it. I repeat - part of having a great car that will form a lasting relationship ( as opposed to getting bored in 6 months, like with the latest Lambo, etc,) is having the interaction, i.e. working on them, tweaking them, improving them, etc. That's one reason guys get bored with other supercars because most guys don't even wash their own cars, let alone wrench 'em. My 2 cents."

I vividly remember my last "trailer queen". A '65 fastback Mustang (289 Hi-po). Which is exactly what got me away from the muscle cars. Workin' on them was the fun part........but after a few trophies, who cared? Cannot wait to finish the house down here and be able to really go have some fun. The taste I got being able to actually drive one a few weeks back, (you all remember that post), has just intensified my attitude with the "subs" to get the work done, so I can go buy one and take advantage of all this Arizona sunshine, (sorry guys), and gobs and gobs of unused asphalt here where I now reside. And, get my hands dirty? You betchum! Exhaust system, pulley, heat shield, trans-axle cooler, rims, Mac delete, and on and on! Let me at that bad boy!

Oh yeah........Red Rocket said, "before I had to put him away for the blasted winter." :banana :banana !!! Bless you, my boy. It is a HE, and most definitely a BIG BAD BOB BITCHIN' masculine muscle car of magnamimous proportions!!! God bless the Ford team!!!

Last edited:

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'm with you guys...I wrench 'em, wash 'em, fix 'em and break 'em myself. Way more to the experience than just driving and owning IMHO. :thumbsup