headers

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Yes, Ceramic coating, though I am unsure if it is the Jet Hot brand. Headers were pre-polished to get that super smooth appearance.

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
What is the coating on your headers Lorenzo and 2112?

If I remember right, Shadowman told me they were sent to Jet Hot in Tempe Az for the coating. Or mabie the coating is called Jet Hot ???? My whole system was treated in the same manner.
Another really nice finish is the one mark (Fubar) has on his car. However you cant see them because of his super cool heat shields covering them up.
Perhaps he can show us a picture of them before the shields were installed.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
If I remember right, Shadowman told me they were sent to Jet Hot in Tempe Az for the coating. Or mabie the coating is called Jet Hot ????

Lorenzo,

Both the company and the coating are called Jet Hot. Their Tempe, AZ location is about a block from my store. I don't know how they do it but their coatings are a lot more durable and don't scratch as easily as the ceramic coating on my Mustangs Ford Racing headers. Next time I'll buy uncoated headers and send them to Jet Hot.

Chip

Seank

Texas Mile Record Holder
Jun 2, 2011
Katy
Jet hot puts there coat on in different layers. On the 2500 degree.. They do a nickel and magnesium coat with the metal red hot, it is put on with a flame. I once asked them how to get it off and they told me a grinding wheel! The 2500 coat can only be done in their Oklahoma shop.