Haulers

blownaway

GT Owner
Nov 14, 2006
Am having difficulty finding anyone who wants to haul car back to Colorado from N.W. Washington. Finally found a couple of companys but both insisted they have to leave car in park with e- brake on. I thought this was a big no-no. Any thoughts - The one company was recommended on forum as an excellent choice.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Have you checked with HOG HAULERS out of Oregon. They have moved a load of FGT's to and from our Indy event?

Ok to set park brake, BUT LEAVE GEAR BOX OUT OF GEAR. ONLY USE BASKETS OVER EACH WHEEL as suggested by FORD.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I will be glad to help you with shipping. Give me a call, 1-870-931-8004.

IIVVX

Jan 11, 2008
Dallas
Fedex Critical is the best.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Fedex Critical is the best.

Maybe when Bob Pass ran it... and it was called Passport

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Gary A.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

+1 :thumbsup

blownaway

GT Owner
Nov 14, 2006
gary a has no other car in area and is going to china for a couple of weeks.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Have you checked with HOG HAULERS out of Oregon. They have moved a load of FGT's to and from our Indy event?

Ok to set park brake, BUT LEAVE GEAR BOX OUT OF GEAR. ONLY USE BASKETS OVER EACH WHEEL as suggested by FORD.

Uhhhhhh, Sir Bony??? Uhhhhh...what happened to your stated position of following the factory's 'structions to the letter? The tag that came on the shifter of my car sez to leave the p. brake OFF... uhhhh...Your Moderatorship...Your Factoryness ... uhhhh, sir...:shrug (Whut changed?)

(I'm jus' rotten to the core, ain't I! :lol)

blownaway

GT Owner
Nov 14, 2006
Bony, Debra from Hog Haulers just wrote me back and said they dont use wheel baskets just straps and they leave car in park. Is the factory recommendation overkill?

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Fed Ex custom critical best

they found a clear coat imperfection on 20 point delivery checklist factory QC missed!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Pocket is correct, the factory states brakes should be off... ok Larry...enjoy the second :)

As long at the strap is over the tire, as Chris did for our FGT's it is the same... all is good.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Pocket is correct, the factory states brakes should be off... ok Larry...enjoy the second :)

'Can't. 'Cause I happen to agree with ya. The the pking brake being "set" shouldn't be a pblm. Really. How COULD it? That brake is suppose to be DESIGNED to hold the car! That's what it's FOR! As long as the tranny is in neutral and the wheels are strapped securely - what disaster can logically result? WHAT can possibly be damaged?:shrug If one cannot use the emergency brake at a dead stop - what use can it possibly be at 30MPH if needed?

I'm fully willing to follow the factory instructions, AND I DON'T WANNA START A BREW-HA-HA, or a debate, or a "war" over it. I recognize Ford MUST have had a reason for "requiring" it and that's that. We should do as instructed. But I personally just don't see the pblm with setting the 'brake. 'Never could. 'Just being honest about it. (The "tranny in neutral" thing I can accept at face value because I don't know diddley about the "design issues" involved.)

(...Now, why do I just KNOW I'll regret saying anything? :bang :slap)

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I have a carrier for your car. Call me ASAP!