Hate to be the negative one of the group...

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
First of all, I am a buyer of this car if I get the opportunity. But I have some major concerns on what problems this car will have its 1st year. To start with I have had two F-150 Ecoboost's and both of them had issues. Several times I would be passing on a two lane highway and about the time I would get beside the other vehicle it would fall right on its face at around 80mph as head on traffic was approaching fast. First one I had I traded in thinking it was just a fluke. Then when the 2nd one did it to me with a Semi truck coming right at me I got rid of it immediately and got my Raptor.

There were several lame causes that Ford suggested, like moisture in the intake. I could understand that in humid areas but not where I live. It is an issue that many have had but Ford isn't doing anything about it. So if they still aren't providing any real solutions what are the chances of this (I realize it will be completely different but its same basis technology) engine having those problems? You can shed a pick up easily, $300-400k supercar, not so much.

Then there is the new tranny and all the other new technology that is supposed to hit the streets in 2016. I just have to imagine the 1st year cars are going to have a learning curve, hopefully not a Z06 repeat.

Maybe a 2017 is the year to have?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I too had this EXACT scenario in my EcoBoost F150 - oddly enough while passing but luckily no oncoming traffic - but scared the shit out of me anyway!

Anyway, the problem has been diagnosed as condensation occurring in the intercooler and then under high-boost demand - the water would get ingested but the motor which was not at all happy about it. It shook the shit out of my truck and felt like some kind of severe transmission problem. Anyway, I agree that there's risk that all of the bugs aren't worked out in the new GT - but I think the Ford engineers learned their lesson on this problem!!

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
I too had this EXACT scenario in my EcoBoost F150 - oddly enough while passing but luckily no oncoming traffic - but scared the shit out of me anyway!

Anyway, the problem has been diagnosed as condensation occurring in the intercooler and then under high-boost demand - the water would get ingested but the motor which was not at all happy about it. It shook the shit out of my truck and felt like some kind of severe transmission problem. Anyway, I agree that there's risk that all of the bugs aren't worked out in the new GT - but I think the Ford engineers learned their lesson on this problem!!

I saw my maker in the grill of that semi as I was slamming on the brakes and yanking on the steering to get back behind the car I had just tried to pass. I am sure they were very impressed:facepalm:

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
On the CUMMINS diesel forum they call it the ecopoop

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Ecopoop, LMAO, and almost fell off of my chair, at least it won't have the runcrap Goodyears

mopar

GT Owner
Jan 23, 2014
grosse ile mich
+1 i think the gauge problems in r cars will b nothing compared to the bugs they will have with the new car it is pretty but whats going to go wronge when its battery gos dead . I do think it is a new car is great im just happy with the 05-06 cars and there look

Last edited: